Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meopham

edited February 2010 in Not Sports Related
Would you help out a fellow-Lifer? I'd like to know what people think of Meopham, the village in Kent. Good? Bad? Indifferent? Too far from London? Perfect, because it's in Kent, the heart of Charlton country?

Give me one sentence on what you think of Meopham, please!

Comments

• Options
    The summer, sipping ale on the green hearing ball on willow.....praying it wouldnt land on my windscreen ;-)
  • Options
    I Used to work in Meopham village,nice pub near the railway station and as KBslittlesis says the village green on a sunday watching the cricket. Good.
  • Options
    Midsummer Murder sort of place old fashioned lovely
  • Options
    Some good dogging areas there
  • Options
    is it the longest village in england?
  • Options
    Its a lovely village. Spent a lot of time there as the ex-in-laws lived there.
    I wouldnt say its too far from London.

House prices do seem quite high around there though.
  • Options
    Has a good pub called The George. Nice food & beer garden.
  • Options
    Some very nice pubs in Meopham. The Long Hop (formerly the Cricketers), The George, is there a Green Man there too? If that's in Meopham then it's very nice. Nice people there too. Not too far from Dartford either - Some really nice pubs in Ash and New Ash Green also - The White Swan is especially nice, with Kangaroo, Boar and Crocodile on the menu as well as normal stuff - huge Roast dinner and home made pies there too!

Bit more than one sentence there sorry!
  • Options
    Yes Trosley Country park for a walk then the Green Man afterwards for a roast.

Lovely place.
  • Options
    lovely town just right distance for london perfeck for children perfeck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of course, being a Charlton fan you may have to ask Paul Scally's permission before you move to Kent... ;-)
  • Options
    I live just down the road in Vigo, right on Trossley country park. I love the place. Meopham and the surrounding area is a great place to live. Good pubs, clean air, no traffic congestion. The only downside is commuting to London Tarn! Unless you live within walking ditance to Meopham station you have to drive to the station £4 a day I think it is to park. Oh yes it takes me 30 mins to drive to the Valley, or you could get the Valley express outside the George in Meopham or the Villager in Vigo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]is it the longest village in england?

No, Long Melford in Suffolk is.
  • Options
    Love it round there. If I had the money I'd buy some property in the Luddesdown area. Have to say I don't think the property is to over priced when you compare to any of the main towns/cities around.

Mind you, you have to laugh when some moron architect designs a three bedroom house like this:

http://www.findanewhome.com/south-east-england/kent/gravesend/3-bed-detached-house-for-sale/95df0a5d-b1cf-4ae6-a94b-b1778d495351.fap#
  • Options
    Oh, I like those Huf houses.

Not in a terrace maybe but in it's own grounds like that, great.
  • Options
    Never heard of it ...
  • Options
    Go for it Chizz, lovely area.
  • Options
    The 'fast' service from Ramsgate/Dover Priory to London Victoria now stops at Meopham more frequently which will put the house prices up.
  • Options
    Nice area, not too long a commute to London, close to the A2/M2 and the M20, but not so close that they are on your doorstep and a couple of good pubs around the green.
  • Options
    I spent weeks looking around there for a property that would suit us. I just couldn't afford the size of home required. But i agree with others on here, a decent place to live.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice place. But beware of the Meopham Residents Association. One of the most far-right groups in Britain. Keep your hedges in order and you should be fine.
  • Options
    How do you pronounce the name of this place ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mep-em. Bit like Stretham.
  • Options
    or Elt-em
  • Options
    Nice place. Vigo has an excellent, IMO, rugby club too if you're into a bit of egg chasing.

As for commuting, one of the big coach companies (Clarkes I think) run services from Meopham... Or part of Kings Ferry run from Tollgate...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Would you help out a fellow-Lifer? I'd like to know what people think of Meopham, the village in Kent. Good? Bad? Indifferent? Too far from London? Perfect, because it's in Kent, the heart of Charlton country?

Give me one sentence on what you think of Meopham, please!

Where on earth is that? I thought he was in the matrix
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]or Elt-em

Or feck-em............... even.

Great pub in Luddesdown called The Cock Inn.