Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowie on Five Live

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
He was interviewed on the SportsWeek programme at about 9.35 this morning, so it should be available to listen to on the Five Live website.

Was obviously very annoyed that Murray had blamed him for the Wycombe result, said that we'd had a difficult start to the season and when he was sacked were approaching a run of winnable home games, and referred to the number of clean sheets that had been kept before his departure.

Mentioned Reid and Carson, but did ruin his case somewhat by trying to defend signings of Faye and JFH...

He also said he was disappointed about the 'spin' and 'lies' reportedly told about his time with the club.

Comments

• Options
    He has done very well to keep schtum. Crap manager made into the fall guy.

I just wish Curbs would just shut up talking bollox to disguise the fact that he cannot manage "superstars"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pork_pie[/cite]He has done very well to keep schtum. Crap manager made into the fall guy.

I just wish Curbs would just shut up talking bollox to disguise the fact that he cannot manage "superstars"

I agree, Curbs should keep quiet because he hardly left us with a competitive squad did he, admitted some of Dowie's signings have not worked but the squad Dowie inherited was in a right state.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    The story is now on the BBC website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/6238577.stm
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    That was a very soft interview - Dowie inherited a crap team (mark you right there, pork_pie) but he added a load of costlier crap to it. The presenter might as well have asked him to show him around his lovely home.