Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goal of the month

edited February 2010 in Other Football and Sports
So they dont do the competition part of GOTM anymore?? i diddnt know this until last night i havent watched MOTD in a long time but also when i used to watch MOTD the Goals of the Month were good goals scored by the scorer. So the first one is this apsolute wonder volley from about 35 odd yards out fair play deserved to be there. After that the other five goals were good but the scores just had to tap it in after a great move by the whole team.

So i just thouoght how much the competition had changed and there were lots of team based goals in the competition rather than the solo efforts or long distance Mexico 1970 pele style goals. The goals seemed to be worse than i remebner. Well not worse but the scorer wasnt the key part to the goals which it used to be.

Comments

• Options
    Better for it then.

Watching one 35 yarder after another gets tedious (unless they are all Charlton goals)

For example our best goals this season have been passing moves finished off well ie Mooney's recent header, Bailey v Millwall, Sam v Brentford.

Passing the ball around a team to leave a tap in is good football.
  • Options
    Give me a Gary Shaw great team move, or a Dalian Atkinson brilliant dribble over a 30 yarder any day.
  • Options
    Goals that go in off the underside of the crossbar are the best. Tony Yeboah springs to mind....
  • Options
    Remember one season we had about 5 goal of season contenders against us:

Okocha free kick-Bolton
    Berger-Pompey
    SWP-long range strike- City
    Henry-back heel
    aswell as a couple of Liverpool goals at Anfield against us
    season 2004/05

Volleys are my fave!
  • Options
    Speaking of goal of the month, anyone seen the poll on the OS?

Surely waggy's piledriver should be winning
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]Speaking of goal of the month, anyone seen the poll on the OS?

Surely waggy's piledriver should be winning

And Nicky Bailey's goal against Wycombe is surely one of the worst goals of the season.
  • Options
    I love the goal of the weekend feature on SSN on a Monday.

People give Sky money so that they can express their opinion of which goal is best via the medium of texting.

They show a goal each from the Sky4, even if it's an opposition clearance that bounces off Drogba's arse. One from half of the Old infirm and a token goal or two from elsewhere (usually one from R. Madrid or Barcelona).

I wonder why they always think that the clubs with the big armchair following have scored the best goals? What an odd coincidence...