Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kyle Reid

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
Starting today? Left mid isn't he?

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]Starting today? Left mid isn't he?[/quote]

Hopefully willplay a big part and yes
  • Options
    Hopefully but doubt he's match fit. Anyone know he played for our reserves the other day?

Omozusi took time to settle in and get fit, showed he wasn't as poor as he first looked. How many minutes into the game will someone decide he's not good enough and offers nothing?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Hopefully but doubt he's match fit. Anyone know he played for our reserves the other day?

Omozusi took time to settle in and get fit, showed he wasn't as poor as he first looked. How many minutes into the game will someone decide he's not good enough and offers nothing?

I think that's already happened

apparently he's a journeyman
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Hopefully but doubt he's match fit. Anyone know he played for our reserves the other day?

Omozusi took time to settle in and get fit, showed he wasn't as poor as he first looked. How many minutes into the game will someone decide he's not good enough and offers nothing?[/quote]

• Options
    Impressed with this lad today. One of our only decent performers. Does exactly what a winger should do, especially second half. Didnt try anything too fancy, just knocked it past their full back and with his pace, able to get in some really good deliveries.
  • Options
    Great debut....I think everyone was impressed.
  • Options
    At last we have a left midfielder who looks the part. Looking forward to seeing more of Reid.
  • Options
    Shame he went off but thought he was excellent.

Guessed he had a knock as no manager in their rightmind would have subbed him
  • Options
    Yeah did well. Pleased he did as confidence will do him good (something I think Sam was lacking today). If he had a poor debut it might have taken him time to settle down for a few games.
  • Options
    bit shaky in the first half but to be expected maybe, second half though he really got at the full back and skinned him a good few times. Maybe he can have a word with Sam and show him how it's done
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Put more crosses in during his time on the pitch than we've had from anyone else on the left side this season!
  • Options
    An excellent debut - shame he was taken off though. We might have won had he stayed on the pitch.
  • Options
    Breath of fresh air today. Dont think he was great but doubt that ronaldo could turn up the day before and play at the top of his game in his first appearance.

Offers something different and i hope he gets a run of 5/6 games and given chance to show what he can do.
  • Options
    I think he will get a run as he offers pace good delivery and creativity,was impressed and an allround good debut.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Breath of fresh air today. Dont think he was great but doubt that ronaldo could turn up the day before and play at the top of his game in his first appearance.

Offers something different and i hope he gets a run of 5/6 games and given chance to show what he can do.
    Yeah good game but should be more to come. Gives us options now, 451 could now be more like 433 and would be a lot less predictable. Bailey became predictable on the left, it's Reid's natural position so hopefully he wouldn't. Gives the rest of the team an outlet on the left now which should help them.
  • Options
    He was taken off due to a tight hamstring apparently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]He was taken off due to a tight hamstring apparently.

Glad Parky was keen to make that point as I thought he looked at his best in the period just before he was subbed. I thought Parky had decided to take him off after 70 minutes before the game even started, so pleased to hear his reasons.
  • Options
    Agreed it did seem odd but he's probably not 100% match fit so any injury he did suffer may well have affected him worse than normal, suppose it was best to play it safe with a player who might genuinely make a difference.
  • Options
    I thought he looked very good,in the 2nd half he was too much for Tranmere, shocked at his substitution at the time but as it was a precautionary measure fair enough. I look forward to more from him in the coming games.
  • Options
    I am not doubting Parky for one second but Its one of those things that managers can say which can't be proven one way or another.

I am sure he had already decided to only give him 70 minutes max. When he played so well and was really tormenting their right back, it did seem at the time odd to take him off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like him. You can see he'll get stronger and better with more games under his belt ,and could be a great bit of work by Parky and the board bringing him in. The subsutution was obvious and wise by Parky, good call.
  • Options
    Looked useful, hope he gets 90mins Tues if fit
  • Options
    Was funny first thing when he jinked all the way to the byline only to fall over. But this aside he looked very good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leaburn4england[/cite]Was funny first thing when he jinked all the way to the byline only to fall over. But this aside he looked very good.
    Mistakes like that so easily forgotten and the player immediately forgiven. Same when Wagstaff made a few mistakes. Sam though gets all sorts of abuse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHOICE Tv[/cite]Looked useful, hope he gets 90mins Tues if fit

ask NSS he probably knows but cant tell ya ;-)
  • Options
    I wonder how long it will be before this turns into a he was shite thread like every other player in the team has had one done
  • Options
    I give it til the Bristol Rovers away game.
  • Options
    Two years on, nice to have Reid back on the left wing...and this one looks a bit quicker and slimmer too ;-)
  • Options
    Sensational when he came on tonight. Doesnt try to give it 28 step overs like Lloyd Sam, simply knocks it past his man and does him for pace. So simple but at this level extremely effective.
  • Options
    If I had a bookies at my hand at the match I'd have stuck on us to get a penalty, his runs in there were fast and constant, they were sliding all over the shop and had one hit him (and the ref opened his eyes during the game) we'd have a penalty, he was the perfect player to skin their right back.. lovely taken goal.