Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Kyle Reid, Left Winger, Signs on loan from Sheff Utd till end of the season****

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
On loan from the blades. oh and it is on the OS (that was for Henry)

Comments

• never heard of him ?

(I assume you mean to us!)
  • REIDY REIDY
  • Played for Blackpool against us when Bouazaa threw his toys out his pram.
  • indeed season long loan. Ex Hammer, left wing etc
  • Bit I like is he looks quite well built and is quick, so perfect for this league
  • This could, and hope it is, a signing that brings balance and then results.

This season's Neil Heaney (but with automatic rather than PO's)?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]This could, and hope it is, a signing that brings balance and then results.

This season's Neil Heaney (but with automatic rather than PO's)?

So he is going to punch a horrible Argentinian left back?
  • fair play and well done Parky..
  • Hallelujah. This could be a turning point.
  • Sponsored links:

• don't know where the funds have come from or how good he is at this level, but good news that at least have a chance to address the midfield imbalance.
  • [cite]Parky said[/cite]"Kyle is an out-and-out left winger - something we've been looking for all season - and he will bring us that balance across the midfield ...

He's a young, athletic player with pace to burn, and he joins us until the end of the season, with the possibility of taking that further.”

Sounds like the right sort of player, as long as he's willing to track back a bit and can actually cross a ball this is the bit of good news we've been waiting for. I look forward to seeing him tomorrow - reckon he'll start?
  • Just a striker and a centre back and we're sorted.
  • Been on loan to a few championship sides before and has played for England at U17/18 and 19 so he must have some talent. Could be just what we need.
  • surely has to start tomorrow, or at least get the 2nd half if things didn't improve.
  • Remember seeing this lad play for Wolves on the tv last year,he looked very skilful and pacy,reckon he'll do very well in this league. Well done Parky!!
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Played for Blackpool against us when Bouazaa threw his toys out his pram.

Was that the nippy 'in yer face' determined little tyke that I was cursing? if so, hooray.
  • Can remember him making a couple of sub appearances for west ham. Was talked of being the next big thing at one point......but then every WHU youth player gets labelled with that.
  • South London lad.

Sheff U's assistant manager said this a fortnight ago:

Sheffield United assistant manager Sam Ellis has backed summer signing Kyel Reid to overcome a troubled start to life at Bramall Lane.

The 22-year-old arrived last summer following his release from West Ham, but has yet to start a league game for the Blades and has been restricted to seven appearances off the substitutes' bench.

Ellis said: "Of course he still has a chance. He has to show the level of consistency and the attitude to playing the game we require to force himself in.

"Kyel is a southern lad adapting to life up north and things have not been easy for him. He has had one or two family traumas to deal with and so we're taking things nice and steady with him."

Ellis added: "It's fair to say that we did probably expect a bit more from him by this stage, but there is still plenty of time for him to make an impression."
  • Allows us to sell Sam
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope he's not just a "stand out on the wing and wait for the ball type" We can't have players like that in our team. Hope he's an up and down player who is prepared to go on the outside and deliver, hope he has a decent shot AND a decent work rate. Hope he does well...good luck to him and look forward to seeing him tomorrow (should be an ideal game for him to start in).
  • [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Allows us to sell Sam

Eh? Sam's a right winger the last time I checked???
  • Very good signing imo.
    He used to go to Deptford Green School and used to watch him with mates for the west ham youth side as they had a few from our school in the west ham ranks.
    Always expected him to become a regular at West Ham but has not materialsed for whatever reason but he is now back home and has a chance to show his true potential as im sure that he will have to play for us everyweek to offer the balance in the side we have been lacking since the start of the season.
  • Another bloody loanee coming in and taking places from our academy lads, , parkie is useless :-)
  • spoke to a Palace fan who also have had him on loan, he was very impressed with him. Hopefully this adds the much needed shape to the left side.
  • Given the No. 24 - the new Fortch?
  • Haven't had a lot of luck with loanee wingers recetly though have we?

Sinclair
    Cook
    Gillespie
    Soares
    Bouazza

They all seem to do ok elsewhere.
  • I thought Soares looked ok once he got fit, would definitely have him back.

The rest were pretty useless.
  • In November 2008, Reid's 21st birthday celebrations at the Ghost Bar nightclub in South Kensington resulted in a large gang fight in which two people were injured, one being hit by a car and the other stabbed in the neck
  • [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Allows us to sell Sam

Eh? Sam's a right winger the last time I checked???

Is he - I find it hard to tell