Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exeter (a) - Potential ticket nightmare

Anyone else already thinking this could be a nightmare for tickets:

1. 2nd to last away game
2. Decent overnight destination
3. St Georges Day Weekend (The Fri)
4. Could be a HUGE game
5. Allocation of just 1,200
6. Which has been reduced recently because of crushing when Leeds were there the other week.

All adds up to either loads of Charlton in the home end, or loads of Charlton missing out!!!

Comments

• It's 3 months away, i can't say it had worried me yet.
  • we'll probably be out of the top 6 by then and no one will care anyway..:o)
  • Won't be easy to get tickets but I'm not worried about getting one... looking forward to a great weekend down there
  • Funnily enough that one is the big weekender away for our lot, digs already sorted fri, sat and sunday night... transport done... hopefully good weather and some decent bars to smash up and take the piss in (only joking) or am i? ;-)
    We will be there ticket or no ticket... but i really would rather have a ticket just to break the drinking up for a bit and have a little sing song!
  • Following overcrowding and issues when Leeds visited last week, i think the away allocation has been cut to 500, though i'm not sure if that is a temporary measure
  • Southampton go there next week and their site says this:

"Saints have received an initial allocation of 800 tickets for the trip to Exeter City in League One.

The Club has been advised by Exeter that following incidents this weekend when they entertained Leeds, our allocation for this game has been reduced.

The Grecians are awaiting a report from The FA that might allow more tickets to be issued, but until that time our allocation is limited"
  • 500. jesus
  • It wouldn't be a problem if the Stewards/Groundstaff were doing their jobs.

Letting ticketless Leeds fans in for a few quid slipped in at the gate and rounding up Leeds fans in the home areas and letting them in the cramped away terrace is hardly Einstein.

Hope the 500 isn't permanent, they should have the book thrown at them if it is. Their capacity is nearly 10,000... how can you only give 5% of your ground to away fans when you're talking about that few?!
  • 500 will be a nightmare, i didnt want to hear that... 5000 more like!

Unless of coarse it goes tits up and then 500 will be more than enough :-)
  • Is that 500 @ 18st, or 1000 @ 9st?
  • Sponsored links:

• Confident that the amount of aways i've done i'll be in with a chance.
  • I can not see why, when there attendances very rarely go over 6000, that they do not maximise the earning potential and give a different terrace to the away fans with a bigger capacity. I know that there will be season ticket holders in that stand who will have to be moved, but surely they could be compensated in some way.
  • [cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]I can not see why, when there attendances very rarely go over 6000, that they do not maximise the earning potential and give a different terrace to the away fans with a bigger capacity. I know that there will be season ticket holders in that stand who will have to be moved, but surely they could be compensated in some way.

That's like saying "Charlton only get 16/17k so why not give Leeds or Norwich the east stand when they visit".
    Not exactly practical.
  • edited January 2010
    Maybe, but there are less people to move that if we were to move people out of the East Stand
  • well, I'm having to miss this one. Friends, non football supporting variety, have invited us to their 25th Wedding Anniverary bash that day. I'm not even going to ask Mrs Large if I can swerve it.
  • Im "Valley Gold Mob" so will be ok, but to cut the allocation by a third is a joke
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Im "Valley Gold Mob" so will be ok, but to cut the allocation by a third is a joke

As i read it, teams used to get 1200 and now it's been cut to 800 whilst they await a safety report. We don't go there until the end of April so it's hardly worth worrying about.
  • My nearest away ground this season ...... it'll still take me 2 hours to get there, lol
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]well, I'm having to miss this one. Friends, non football supporting variety, have invited us to their 25th Wedding Anniverary bash that day. I'm not even going to ask Mrs Large if I can swerve it.[/quote]

dont worry, they'll move it at short notice to the monday for the cameras
  • Sponsored links:

• I wouldn't get too excited about the weekend there, i lived there for 4 years, and i can assure you the night life / pubs are not anything to write home about, the away end will be probably the worst you will ever be in, the City is an oversised town, the plus side is the people are friendly, and the pasty's and cider are good :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: budgie63[/cite]I wouldn't get too excited about the weekend there, i lived there for 4 years, and i can assure you the night life / pubs are not anything to write home about, the away end will be probably the worst you will ever be in, the City is an oversised town, the plus side is the people are friendly, and the pasty's and cider are good :-)

Well at least im not going with you eh!?

;0)
  • [cite]Posted By: budgie63[/cite]I wouldn't get too excited about the weekend there, i lived there for 4 years, and i can assure you the night life / pubs are not anything to write home about, the away end will be probably the worst you will ever be in, the City is an oversised town, the plus side is the people are friendly, and the pasty's and cider are good :-)

Charlton Life FC are supposed to be playing the Exeter supporters team in the morning.
    That's the reason to be excited!