Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

0.1% Growth!

edited January 2010 in Not Sports Related
We're out of the recession!

Thanks to Xmas sales, 15% VAT and every other initiative...

Comments

• Options
    Oh hail Gordon and Alastair..............You Noo Labour types on this board must be dead chuffed.
  • Options
    Watch out China
  • Options
    0.1% means for every 1000 units of production in the comparative period, we've now produced 1001 units.

Except that this data comes from returns submitted to the ONS by disaffected accountants already overburdened by govt red tape, who never spend more than 30 seconds completing these P in the A forms, and make no attempt to get them right. These numbers will be significantly revised in the next few weeks, and may well be negative.
  • Options
    We're all micro-economists now are we :-)

Mind you your probably no worse than wee Georgie!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]Oh hail Gordon and Alastair..............You Noo Labour types on this board must be dead chuffed.

New Labour - one recession in 13 years.

Under the previous 18 years of Thatcherism - three recessions, 3m plus unemployed, the squandering of North Sea oil revenues, the ERM fiasco...

Hardly matches 18 years of Tory misrule.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]Oh hail Gordon and Alastair..............You Noo Labour types on this board must be dead chuffed.

Under the previous 18 years of Thatcherism - three recessions, 3m plus unemployed, the squandering of North Sea oil revenues, the ERM fiasco...

and no grasping banking bstds to bail out.
  • Options

Why only consider the economy? Doesn't starting wars and killing innocent people mean anything?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

Why only consider the economy? Doesn't starting wars and killing innocent people mean anything?

You mean the ones supported by the Tories? And the one where Dave said he will give our forces everything they want to continue?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

You're right. But the Falklands was a long time ago.
  • Options
    I can't believe the media coverage of this, quite patronising really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    usual leftwing bbc propaganda.

(retires to safe distance)
  • Options
    This government has fiddled every ' figure ' they have ever been asked to come up with.
    I would have thought Gordon and the boys could have pulled something better than 0.1% out of the begging bowl.
  • Options
    i guess its cos im not that good at figures but for us to be declared we were in recession we had to have something like 4 or 5 drops in a row now we have one rise we are out am i missing something was the 4 5 drops in a row equivant to 0.1% in total.........can anyone explain this to a dullard
  • Options
    growth schmowth - a false prophet if ever there was one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]i guess its cos im not that good at figures but for us to be declared we were in recession we had to have something like 4 or 5 drops in a row now we have one rise we are out am i missing something was the 4 5 drops in a row equivant to 0.1% in total.........can anyone explain this to a dullard

The drops amounted to about 10% of contraction.The fact we have clawed that back to 9.9% means we are now out of recession.Crack open the asti !
  • Options
    bugger me if thats how they think no wonder we are in the mess we are.......so using that theory if we drop next month we will not be in recession as we need 4 in a row....lol quality pass me the bottle
  • Options
    I've actually produced a lot less, so on average the figures must be more up than the 0.1% suggests.
  • Options
    Like I said earlier we are all international finance experts now are we :-)
  • Options
    no chaz just confused guess its all at smoke and mirrors
  • Options

Add to that my mortgage going up to 19%, that's a day I'll never forget.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]no chaz just confused guess its all at smoke and mirrors

Well that is certainly fair comment, DG.
  • Options

8 years into an unwinnable war in Afghanistan, an illegal war in iraq, business rates crippling small businesses, x million unemployed, white working class boys now biggest failures in schools after their pledge for "education, education, education", farcicle policies on benefits, criminal justice and an increased nanny state ruled over through spin.

Cuts both ways BFR...and I used to be pro Labour. Fuck if ill ever vote again for the party while the current snakes who make up the majortity are there.
  • Options

Hardly matches 18 years of Tory misrule

I really should'nt bite Rodders........but what absolute cock ! Still if thats what they taught you at polytechnic, sorry university good luck to you.

The fact is, our UNELECTED prime minister, who as OUR chancellor oversaw five years of one of the biggest booms the world has ever seen, has along with THIS government, abused OUR inheritance, misappropriated OUR family silver, compromised OUR national security and consistently relied on the gullable people THEY have under educated to swallow THEIR blatant spin and lies....

Now, I admit to not being educated to todays lofty standards but I am old enough to have sat through the mess left the last time a Labour party got hold of our country for any length of time. Please excuse me for not falling in line.

Now, global warming......what a load of bollocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    are you a global warming denier??
  • Options
    Was tongue in cheek that bit Salad but never mind...... Anyway whilst getting carried away in my rant, I ommitted to add the two most important points, ie; this is a football related board and 2) we will probably never agree on anything non-charlton anyway.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]New Labour - one recession in 13 years.

I really should'nt bite Rodders........but what absolute cock ! Still if thats what they taught you at polytechnic, sorry university good luck to you.

The fact is, our UNELECTED prime minister, who as OUR chancellor oversaw five years of one of the biggest booms the world has ever seen, has along with THIS government, abused OUR inheritance, misappropriated OUR family silver, compromised OUR national security and consistently relied on the gullable people THEY have under educated to swallow THEIR blatant spin and lies....

Now, I admit to not being educated to todays lofty standards but I am old enough to have sat through the mess left the last time a Labour party got hold of our country for any length of time. Please excuse me for not falling in line.

Now, global warming......what a load of bollocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I dont vote Labour, but on the subject of our UNELECTED prime minister, he's elected as an MP, we live in a parliamentary democracy, the party with the largest number of seats can form a government, the leader of this party is the Prime Minister. We dont elect prime ministers, we elect MPs under party labels.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Understood. By that reckoning then, I apologise to Gordon Brown, it is not his fault.
  • Options
    Thommo is right , we don't have a presidential system so we don't vote in prime ministers.
    Same thing happened with Major, Churchill and Lloyd George for example.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]New Labour - one recession in 13 years.

Read my post again...I was quoting someone else and wrote my own post beneath that quote.