Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Bostock

Maybe we should try get him in on loan from Spurs? Good left foot on him but may be a problem as his loan spell at Brentford wasnt extended because he was on the bench for 2 games running because of his attitude?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Does not sound like a Parky type player but the lad had quality and could solve our left mid problem. Scored a couple of good goals on debur for Brentford against Milwall but was not impressed when we played there in December.
  • Options
    Really didn't impress me at Griffin park.
  • Options
    But he's going to be the next big star. Like Victor Moses. Real Madrid are just desperate to sign him
  • Options
    Isn't he more of a central player though?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Isn't he more of a central player though?
    Ideally suited to our left flank then Chris
  • Options
    His dads on talksport now.
  • Options
    The more I think about Bostock the more I reckon this may be worth a punt.

He is left sided , so is different to the players we already have. He could play wide left and ablance up our midfield

Reading about his Brentford experience ,it appears that he played too many games in too short a period. His quality is not in doubt especially at this level .

With us ( like Shelvey who he is friendly with ) he could be used more sparingly and we may play to his strengths more.

There is still speculation he may return to Brentford but given Townsend's move from the O's to MKD , Harry might prefer to lend Bostock to us as we are in a promotion chase.
  • Options
    Harry has said he is going to train now with the first team squad to see if his attitude improves...
  • Options
    I'd prefer Townsend I think. And he's Palace...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hmmm, i recommended a year ago but now i dont think we should.
  • Options
    Would be a good signing if we got him.
  • Options
    Not sure if he really did that well for Brentford last year?

Will add options to the centre midfield
  • Options
    He may not have proven to be the calibre he was originally hyped up to be but I'm impressed with the level of player we seem to be going for i.e. young premiership wanabee rather than struggling Championship has been with a knee that sounds like a pepper grinder.
  • Options
    I can forgive being ex-Palace.
    But his attitude has the reputation of a bad smell.

Will this leopard finally change his spots....?
    I'm not convinced.Time he grew up.
  • Options
    wasn't that impressed with him last year for brentford.

Palace fans will be loving it if he comes here. They hate him enough already.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Slightly worrying that his loan period at Hull was recently terminated , because he was ''struggling to make an impact''.

But may be he just didn't like it up north ...

Certainly think these types of loans - prem. team fringe squad players - are exactly where we should be looking. But we have to make sure we get absolutely the right kind of characters in - 23 games to go, and 45 points needed from them, even to make the play-offs. The required target means we need something like 13 wins and half a dozen draws and we can only afford to lose four; five at the most . Not much scope for people wanting time to 'bed-in' or to gell in that equation. So new players have got to be types who can hit the ground running.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    didn't he have a more successful loan at Hull? I seem to remember a goal from way out.

Oooops just seen the post above
  • Options
    Scored twice in 11 games at Hull.

But "loan terminated" has an undertone to it.
    And no doubt a story.
  • Options
    Would imagine Jiminez is involved in this one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Scored twice in 11 games at Hull.

But "loan terminated" has an undertone to it.
    And no doubt a story.

he may have been desperate to play for us instead
  • Options
    It could be location reasons why the Hull loan did not go too well but it would appear he has not progressed as well as he perhaps should in the last 2 years. Did not pull up any trees for Brentford last season either.

Would be worth a chance as he has ability but perhaps too many questions over attitude.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]he may have been desperate to play for us instead

Maybe you're right.

Limited opportunity at Hull, far away from his London roots, Billy No Mates.
    Wants to come back.

Spurs tout around for a London club to take him on loan........ but he's played for them all, already.
    Except Charlton.

So perhaps 'Appy 'Arry has offered him to us as the makeweight in the deal that takes Simon Francis to Tottenham?
  • Options
    Mmmm reminds me of Scott Sinclair. I would want people who are motivated to play. This might not be fair to say, as i don't really know a massive amount about him, but kind of strikes me as one of those players who thought they had made it when they got their big move and haven't put in any effort since.

If that is the case, will be a good early test for Sir Chris to see whether he can get Bostock motivated to play and to start fulfilling his potential.
  • Options
    As others say, unfair to pass judgement on his character when none of us know him.

But it does seem to be a case of ''Sir Chrissy Powell, here's you starter for ten : as your first task in your first job in management, can you sort out somoenone who (rightly or wrongly) seems to have a reputation as one of the most awkward little buggers in the game ?''
  • Options
    he would be another that JJ could help convince to come to us
  • Options
    He's got bundles of talent. I remember seeing him play for Spurs Youth against ours - I think it was the FA Youth Cup - and he looked class. Head and shoulders above everyone else on the park.

Was thinking what a waste of talent he was playing in Spurs ressies when he should be getting first team football. Those big club transfers are not always wise.
  • Options
    from wiki!

Hull CityOn 6 August 2010, Bostock had joined newly relegated Hull City on a season-long loan. He is affectionately known as big bos man in the dressing room, this is due to his bossy tendencies on and off the field and the fact that 'Boss' is the opening phoneme of his surname.[15] He scored with a 30-yard strike described as a "wonder goal" on his debut against Swansea on 7 August.[16] On 9 November against Leeds United he scored another goal from 35 yards with a free kick.

Despite scoring two remarkable goals, Bostock struggled to win the affection of City supporters, largely because he is a selfish, unmotivated, lazy and highly unlikeable character who is symptomatic of the modern footballer who is acquired status by the British media despite barely deserving it.[citation needed]

He returned to White Hart Lane after failing to keep his place on the starting team sheet
    LOL
  • Options
    Lol... so they liked him then!!