Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spurs v Leeds

Dunno if it is PC to have this game discussed here - I just thought that if the game holds out to end as a draw - it would mean another midweek high stress game for Leeds making it good news for us???

Comments

• Options
    Dunno if it is PC to have this game discussed here

Maybe, but not under the heading "General Charlton".
  • Options
    I'd be happy with a draw and another match/distraction.

Also worth noting is that Leeds have picked up four yellow cards.
  • Options
    yeah shame they changed the yellow card system now Im not gonna get my wish for a draw !!
  • Options
    booking number 5 !! Well if they lose can they get a couple of 2nd yellows pls or is that asking too much? lol
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]booking number 5 !! Well if they lose can they get a couple of 2nd yellows pls or is that asking too much? lol[/quote]

LOL! Sixth one just now!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    never thought i wud say this but COME ON LEEDS !!
  • Options
    oooo
  • Options
    Score this and the have ANOTHER game to play
  • Options
    Yes !!!!!!
  • Options
    Minimum of 60 games to play this season now...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perfect result.
  • Options
    YES get in there !!
  • Options
    And it puts Beckford in the window a little bit more prominently...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Perfect result.[/quote]

Yep.
  • Options
    The funniest thing is that I do believe that it was the T V Man Of The Match, Gareth Bale, who gave the ball away in the last minute.
  • Options
    Perfect result indeed

fair play to them too
  • Options
    Wow what a finish and good news for all of us it is!!!
  • Options
    How can us lot cheer on Leeds !!! LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]The funniest thing is that I do believe that it was the T V Man Of The Match, Gareth Bale, who gave the ball away in the last minute.

and blew the simple pass to pav a few mins earlier
  • Options
    Let's face it though it will only be the number of games they have to play this season that MIGHT stop them. Beckford is staying 'til the end of the season and I still say that their squad will be good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Right that plays right into Norwich and our hands... They will be f**d bye the time they play us 2nd to last game of seaon !! Unbelivable
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Let's face it though it will only be the number of games they have to play this season that MIGHT stop them. Beckford is staying 'til the end of the season and I still say that their squad will be good enough.

Not too sure of that - players are aware that they are putting themselves out there for a whopping pay rise should a bigger club come looking for them - so they would not commit to 50:50 balls or even 60:40 for fear of injury and missing their chance to make their case in front of the nation and watching managers... This has already translated to defeats to Carlisle and Exeter.....

The longer their FA Cup run goes the better for all of us I say!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]The funniest thing is that I do believe that it was the T V Man Of The Match, Gareth Bale, who gave the ball away in the last minute.

and blew the simple pass to pav a few mins earlier

And that is why he is such a frustrating player. Defensively not good enough because he leaves too many holes in behind him and not an out and out winger.

Having said that, it would be interesting to see a back 5 with Johnson on one flank and Bale on the other but as one's English and the other's Welsh that is unlikely to happen.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Woo hoo, come on Leeds !

When we lost to Northwich Victoria, although I was gutted about our performance, when I calmed down I thought that's not too bad.

We can concentrate on The League (cliche) and the others can get distracted with the cup.

I've been very pleased Leeds drew "out of the hat" and beat Man U & ecstatic that they now have another game against Spurs.

In the mean time they are drawing at home to Wycombe and losing away to Exeter and Norwich and us have caught them up.

I hope Leeds go all the way to the Final where they play Soton.

Leeds miss out on automatic promotion and Soton don't make the play off's (I don't think they'll make them anyway, but will probably end up 7th).

COY mighty goalscoring, rip roaring addicks !
  • Options
    Well done Leeds! Great result for us - the more games they have to play the better. They've still got at least one more JPT game to play as well. Shame Brentford couldn't do us a favour today.
  • Options
    Hello ME14addick.. I dunno I was hoping Brentford would win as well but then again if Norwich are breathing down Leeds nexks then it puts extra pressure on them.... and with extra games.. all of a sudden they have gone from 8 points lead on both of us down to zero.. it could work out better long term that Norwich win the league, us finish us second and Leeds in play off (after tiredness has set in). If we lose or only draw monday and Norwich failed to beat leeds.. physoclogy it makes on difference on Leeds... its all panning out for a good end to the season !!

As a friend of mine said "ok there is a goal differnece.. but if we beat Norwich say 3- or 4 nil then its 5 or 6 in real terms). Shame its not 3 up and 3 down but we all know the rules !!
  • Options
    I'll struggle to see as good a last minute penalty as the one Beckford took today, huge bollocks to take it as well
  • Options
    that effing penalty was the penultimate line on my accumulator (Barca's 3-0 win being the last)

cost me well over a ton in the potential win...

sod it!
  • Options
    Yes, am just back from WHL via Brick Lane after a rather supurb curry. I thought of you guys momentarily when Beckford put that penalty away, thinking you lot would be pleased that they'd get another game. Was impressed with Leeds to an extent but still struggling to even fathom how we managed to draw that game but there you go, thats the beauty of the cup. Dawson and Bassong looked like they were shitting themselves everytime Beckford went near them with the ball. But anyway, am quite looking forward to the replay now. Not ideal by a long way for the congestion of games but the atmosphere up there will be cracking. If me and the two lads I go with can get tickets, we're going up there next Tuesday.

Have to say, I think the entire Met Police were on Tottenham High Road tonight. I dont think I've ever seen that many riot police and horses down the Lane before. Not even the first time Campbell came back with Ars*nal was there as many as tonight. We got back to Seven Sisters about 2 hours after the end of the game and the riot police had shut the tube station, so looks like it was getting a bit naughty.
  • Options
    Let's hope we get extra time in the replay.