Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Backroom Staff Shake up at the Valley

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Harbin goes as does Jeff Vetere. Phil Chapple arrives as a scout. Bet he looks ridiculous in shorts. What badges d'ya reckon he has?

Chappie Back

Comments

• Options
    Thank goodness "Hamstring" Harbin has slung his hook!
  • Options
    more pay offs for the people leaving... i dread to think how much dough's been wasted on all those coming and going from charlton this season
  • Options
    Possibly,

But money well spent if we stay up!
  • Options
    Financial miss management i call it.
  • Options
    Hope Chapple's a better scout than player!
  • Options
    I met him and Graeme Stuart in the goose in Becknham years ago... wasnt fussed with Chapple.. just wanted to shake graham stuarts hand....
  • Options
    Used to dread his name on teamsheet - still not sure who was worse, him or Carl Tiler.
  • Options
    he played up front for a while when we had no strikers as well
  • Options
    he reminded me of bob willis
  • Options
    Remember the night we played Bristol City in the Cup replay to set up our trip to Old Trafford?

A load of us were in the portacabin bars behind the temporary west stand watching the highlights on the BBC, Chapple made an awful cock-up on the pitch, problem was he was standing directly under the tele at the time - He took all the stick in good nature. Not the best Centre Half we ever had, certainly not the worst.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and always gave his all.

its easy to slag people off when looking back. At the time he was a good player within our budget, and certainly put the club first.

Welcome back Phil.
  • Options
    He played when I felt I was part of the set up at Charlton - board, players, ground and fans. Limited, but one of us. How quickly we have moved on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]and always gave his all.

its easy to slag people off when looking back. At the time he was a good player within our budget, and certainly put the club first.

Welcome back Phil.

agree AFKA. top bloke according to my dad.
    my dad gave him a lift home (to norwich i think) the day after he busted his leg against the spanners in the snow as he couldn't drive himself.