Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf In Whistler-Vancouver-Canada

Hey guys, can anyone tell me if it's possible to play golf in Whistler at the begining of April ? Before we get any jokers I know its a resort for Skiing but i'm led to believe that there is also golf available.

Comments

• Options
    Have you played before?
  • Options
    And not in those Dodgy strides :)
  • Options
    i best take me stars and stripes shirt
  • Options
    I would think you'd probably be ok in April. If you get the chance to play Furry Creek on the Sea to Sky Highway - it's an
    awesome course but buy some extra balls !

http://www.golfbc.com/courses/furry_creek/location
  • Options
    Mr Luva Luva,

I live in Whistler. April will be too early to play golf up here .... from memory the middleof May is when they are able to open. snow pack permitting.

We have 3 very good courses up here. The mountains stays open until around 22nd of May this year.
  • Options
    Furry Creek should be open and some courses in Squamish... lower elevations.
  • Options
    Well I was in Vancouver earlier this week & judging by the mild temperatures, huge amounts of rain, and complete lack of snow you could probably play a course anywhere around the city now if you had a sou'wester & stout pair of galoshes!!!

Don't forget to head over to Vancouver Island - 90 minute ferry trip from Vancouver to a most stunning part of the world, lots of great golf over there I am told!
  • Options
    Might be possible, but I wouldn't book a trip on the assumption that I could!
  • Options
    To be fair Luva Luva it's usually May. As crazyaddick says you can play in Squamish and Vancouver of course. Some of the courses on the north shore mountains are beautiful. Let us know if you're coming over and I'll join you for at least the 19th hole, maybe with Oakster and crazyaddick if you guys fancy it?
  • Options
    I'll definitely be up for some 19th hole beers..... for sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hey Guys, thanks for your info, I have had a blimp on all the golf course websites in and around Whistler and all of them show as the green fees don't apply until May. So I guess on that note its pointless bringing my clubs over. If in the event any courses are open due to a lack of snow i'm sure hire of clubs would be an option. At the moment i'm not 100% on the itinary but i will have my laptop with me to make contact via CL, so yes it would still be great to catch up over a beer or three.