Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Dowie

Comments

• Options
    I've never had so much fun laughing at the local hull fans, this is amazing

hahahahahaha
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]I've never had so much fun laughing at the local hull fans, this is amazing

hahahahahaha

I've tried to see what their opinions are on the forums but there is no decent Hull forum as far as I can see. What kind of things have people been saying to you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I've tried to see what their opinions are on the forums but there is no decent Hull forum as far as I can see. What kind of things have people been saying to you?

For the most part, no impressed. Today won't have helped that.

These are the same fans who hates Parky, so clearly have some idea of what a football manager should be, as they knew Parky wasnt one.
  • Options
    Dowie lost his first game in charge as Hull manager. Hull were leading 2-1 with three minutes to go but Portsmouth scored two late goals to keep Hull firmly in the relegation zone.
  • Options
    HA HA and Up the Pompey!! Not bad for a Portsmouth side that were going to field a weakened side!!
    Dowie=Turd.
  • Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/5085909.HAVE_YOUR_SAY__Sport_Rant___is_Dowie_man_to_save_Tigers_/
  • Options
    Dowie...... the definition of a bum sandwich....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]"I am not a gamble," he said. "Look at my record, it stands up."

Stands up where exactly Iain?

His record at places other than us wasn't bad at all. 40.65% win record at Palace, 40.82% at Coventry and 53.33% at QPR.

In contrast Parky had 20.83% at Hull and is 33.33% with us!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]In contrast Parky had 20.83% at Hull and is 33.33% with us!
    42.2% with Colchester though and 48.64% this season with us ;-)

37.8% at Oldham for Dowie as well.

Parkinson's entire managerial career - 38.1%
    Dowie - 39.7%
    Curbishley - 38.1%
    Reed - 14.2%
    Parew - 43.2%

In conclusion Parky is a similar manager to Curbs but Pardew and Dowie are the best managers ;-)

Serious conclusion, these stats only mean so much.
  • Options
    I really wish the bloke well. Then again I've got money on the Hammers going down...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like it's getting really ugly down the bottom for Hull.

Ian Dowie - Tactical genius :-)
  • Options
    Quote from the BBC "Hull temporary football management consultant Iain Dowie".

Who the hell invented that title?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Quote from the BBC "Hull temporary football management consultant Iain Dowie".

Who the hell invented that title?[/quote]

Probably the same person who gave us " bouncebackability"
  • Options
    They should make it shorter, something snappy.

I dunno... TFMC?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]They should make it shorter, something snappy.

I dunno... TFMC?[/quote]

or C.O.C.K.
  • Options
    Just watched his interview after todays debacle.Bulls*it machine in full flow.Rolling out all the anecdotes he's been using for years at every other club he's competely F****d up!

Iain..Football just isn't you..Get over it!
  • Options
    I watched today's game. Saw the ID on his shirt and thought it was missing three letters: IOT!
  • Options
    Still continues to haunt me... had Hull DNB in my accumulator today... three figures in the bag until that debacle...
  • Options
    Two cracking pens, both with the outside of the boot.
  • Options
    Anyone see that interview with Boateng where he said he wasn't sure whether Dowie was the right man for the job?
    Bet he's been speaking to his former Boro pal and Dutch friend Jimmy Floyd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ID - According to Freud, The id is responsible for our basic drives such as food, water, sex, and basic impulses. It is amoral and selfish, ruled by the pleasure–pain principle; it is without a sense of time, completely illogical, primarily sexual, infantile in its emotional development, and is not able to take "no" for an answer. It is regarded as the reservoir of the libido or "instinctive drive to create". Just about sums up Ian Dowie then.

Wonder what recent manager could be described as the super ego?
  • Options
    Dowie's an impact manager.

Looks like the impact this time lasted one game.

Bit of a dilemma really. Does my hatred of Dowie outweigh my hatred of West Ham following the disgraceful treatment of Curbs, Tevez affair, etc, etc?
  • Options
    Let's hope Burnley and Wigan finish above both of them then. :-)
  • Options
    Same dilemma
  • Options
    No dilemma for me. I would love it, just love it if the Hammers went down. It's not going to happen though, worse Premier league ever IMO.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]worse Premier league ever IMO.

Therein lies the rub. In almost any other season West Ham would have been dead and buried by now but this year, despite being dreadful all year and by far the poorest they've been for a decade they manage to find 2 teams worse than them and another that seemed determined to commit footballing and financial Hari-kari from the start. If West Ham were a horse I'd back them to be the one right behind Devon Loch...
  • Options
    Hull v Burnley.

Is Dowie v Laws the worst top flight managerial match up ever?
    Although Dowie's record at some clubs isn't actually that bad, it still amazes me that these two are managing in the often described 'best league in the world'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Quote from the BBC "Hull temporary football management consultant Iain Dowie".

Who the hell invented that title?

Probably the same person who gave us " bouncebackability"

Hull haven't sacked Brown yet, so Dowie can't be manager.
  • Options
    Just say the interview after and he had the "wigan" eyes....
  • Options
    This has been the worst Prem season for a long time, with Pompey, Hull and Burnley likely to go down without reaching 30 points shows the distinct lack of quality.

There are some managers who have been at clubs this season who are nowhere near Prem quality managers- Hart, Dowie, Laws, Brown, Megson.