Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Dowie

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]near enough yeah...pardew spunked it on varney, gray, todorov, weaver, sinclair, dorian smith, monteiro etc

ha ha so not totally got back then?
  • Options
    spunking 2.5m on varney is more disgraceful and giving him 10k+ a week!

Gray couldve/shouldve been a good signing but o well!

i forgot Mcshite in my list of money being spunked!

and uncle, pretty much pardew blew the money!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]spunking 2.5m on varney is more disgraceful and giving him 10k+ a week!

Gray couldve/shouldve been a good signing but o well!

i forgot Mcshite in my list of money being spunked!

and uncle, pretty much pardew blew the money!

Begs the qestion...Who was worse?
  • Options
    betting suspended on Dowie...
  • Options
    i think pardews signings of mc, varney and gray are worse as they cost more than traore and faye.

Varney and Mcleod werent championship class and we didnt need gray.

Faye had prem experience and traore had european experience, both shouldve performed better. Dowie only had 15 games with them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]betting suspended on Dowie...

Really ? i would have thought more went for Pardew
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Begs the qestion...Who was worse?
    Pardew probably did more damage considering the time he was here for, but Dowie started it off and we went downhill from there. The board made the bizarre decision in between those two managers to give Les Reed the job. He tried his best but just wasn't a manager.

The squad was poor when Curbishley left, but with £12/13m to spend, it could and should have been improved more than it had been. Maybe we'd have gone down anyway, but at least we might have been closer to staying up and had a more competitive team.
  • Options
    If you look at Curbishley as a self taught mechanic, he took the parts of a partially clapped out Ford Cortina and molded it into a trusty hand made classic, full MOT, swanky seats, fluffy dice and many more miles left on the clock...

Then came the Donkey, another self taught mechanic that ran the engine ino the ground, turned back the speedometer and left it with a shunted body, broken wing mirror a dodgy MOT and a load of water in the toolbox...

Pardew came along withy another iffy apprenticeship who went down the scrap yard, bought all the wrong parts, welded them on anyway and then was shocked to see that not only did it fail its MOT, it wouldn't start no matter how much he cranked it...

Then came Parky, a decent enough apprentice mechanic, knew his motors, knew he was taking on a big job, change a few parts with a limited budget, new paint job and prayed the new owner ever went downhill...

And all the while it's only ever been owned by one careless owner..

Would you buy a used car from this man..?
    charlton22409news1.jpg
    Some would...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]betting suspended on Dowie...

Really ? i would have thought more went for Pardew

sorry, to clarify...I meant the betting has been suspended on Dowie for the Hull job
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]If you look at Curbishley as a self taught mechanic, he took the parts of a partially clapped out Ford Cortina and molded it into a trusty hand made classic, full MOT, swanky seats, fluffy dice and many more miles left on the clock...

Then came the Donkey, another self taught mechanic that ran the engine ino the ground, turned back the speedometer and left it with a shunted body, broken wing mirror a dodgy MOT and a load of water in the toolbox...

Pardew came along withy another iffy apprenticeship who went down the scrap yard, bought all the wrong parts, welded them on anyway and then was shocked to see that not only did it fail its MOT, it wouldn't start no matter how much he cranked it...

Then came Parky, a decent enough apprentice mechanic, knew his motors, knew he was taking on a big job, change a few parts with a limited budget, new paint job and prayed the new owner ever went downhill...

And all the while it's only ever been owned by one careless owner..

Would you buy a used car from this man..?
    charlton22409news1.jpg
    Some would...

Fantastic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey !! Didn't know Muzza was in our 4 x 4 relay team !
  • Options
    Have they suspended the betting on Hull getting relegated at the same time?
  • Options
    The mind just boggles. Dowie a prem manager again! They must be desperate. IMO Megson would have been a better choice.
  • Options
    Unbelievable. I mean, don't they check references?
  • Options
    What will the Power Point presentation be called?

"Taming The Tigers"
  • Options
    Hull's chairman has a death wish.
    That can be the only possible explanation.
  • Options
    Find it funny Hull fans were saying Parky would take us down last year

And now Charlton fans will be saying to Hull that Dowie will take thewm down this year!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Find it funny Hull fans were saying Parky would take us down last year

And now Charlton fans will be saying to Hull that Dowie will take thewm down this year!
    Phil Brown to take us up next year and Alan Pardew to take them back up?
  • Options
    I assumed that the only logical explanation for sacking Brown was that someone was lined up to replace him. I heard that relegation could potentially cost Hull £100m due to the increase in TV Revenue next season, surely that figure is OTT?
  • Options
    increased tv revenue.... mmmmmmmmmmm......
    i mean if you had your greatest manager in recent years willing to work one last season b4 the tv revenue shot up would you decline his offer and offer the job to dowie .............. sounds ridiculous doesn't it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dowie Appointed
  • Options
    I think he'll keep them up. I'm at a loss to explain why clubs keep employing him though, don't Chairman ever talk to each other ?
  • Options
    Lol,

This sums up how desperate things are in the prem and how the game is going down the tubes, Dowie is not fit to manage a sunday side.

The Hull fans must be gutted
  • Options
    Its a joke Dowie a prem manager maybe Hull are still following the charlton way of doing things, like they said when we were a prem side.
  • Options
    I just saw this news on the front of the Telegraph website and burst out laughing! Immediately came on here to see the reaction.

What are Hull playing at?
  • Options
    Thats a worse punishment than 9point deduction given to Portsmouth
  • Options
    "Impact manager" or so his spell at Palace would say.

Big game v Pompey at weekend.
  • Options
    Just one word....Bouncebackability .
  • Options
    I would not be surprised if he does well there, he is an impact manager and their next few games are very winnable inc Pompey and Burnley. I think Burnley will certainly join Portsmouth whilst West Ham and Wigan have some tricky games coming up.
  • Options
    Impact manager? Just what we needed last season...