Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket Refunds...the joke of it all

Went and got a refund on my Walsall ticket and tried swapping it for a Wycombe one, but would they have that, noo.

Got made to fill in some stupid form about why I wanted a refund, then even though I paid in cash, they put the refund on my card, then tried taking it back out off my card for a Wycombe ticket, which of course it declined cos the money wernt on my card yet (what tits). Then had to pay with money that was gonna be used for something else.

If we pay by cash, why not get a cash refund, simple as.

Comments

• Options
    Lol - I would sink this but I think I may leave it...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Went and got a refund on my Walsall ticket and tried swapping it for a Wycombe one, but would they have that, noo.

Got made to fill in some stupid form about why I wanted a refund, then even though I paid in cash, they put the refund on my card, then tried taking it back out off my card for a Wycombe ticket, which of course it declined cos the money wernt on my card yet (what tits). Then had to pay with money that was gonna be used for something else.

Wait until your wages go in. That ought to cover the cost of the booking fee at least...
  • Options
    I suspect it's because the club is acting as an agent for the home team and so has that frigmarole with them. Not sure how they managed to put the refund on your card when you didn't pay that way, but you must have supplied them the card when asking for the refund which might have confused the matter.

I'd agree with you if you were talking about two Charlton home tickets.
  • Options
    Why did you give them card in the first place? Why not wait for them to give you cash?
  • Options
    Parky has probably already cleaned out all the tills trying to get enough money together to actually sign someone so they probably didn't have any cash to give you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Why did you give them card in the first place? Why not wait for them to give you cash?

says on the OS that tickets sold for cash will be refunded onto a Card. I'm sure that there is a logical explanation for this. I assume that once all tickets were returned to Walsall a payment was also included for all tickets sold. Now we are refunding for tickets that refund money is effectively ours as the Club has already paid Walsall for that ticket. Maybe we don't hold enough cash to refund everyone that way or perhaps there is another reason, maybe, strange as it may seem, it could be seen as money laundering. Anyway Nathan shame on you for not going to the rearranged game, serves you right.
  • Options
    Posted By: LargeAddick
    Anyway Nathan shame on you for not going to the rearranged game, serves you right.

I would, if I didnt finish college at 5 and actually had money
  • Options
    college finishes at 5pm? Now you are having us on. You soap dodging, tax dodgers wouldn't go if you had to work hard to get a qualification that is going to be of no use to anyone if you get it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Went and got a refund on my Walsall ticket and tried swapping it for a Wycombe one, but would they have that, noo.

If i was you, i would go the local Citzean Advice Bureau.
  • Options
    I think he's got a valid point to be fair, if I'd paid in cash I'd want it back in cash....also why do you have to fill a bloody form out?, isn't it clear why people want their money back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As stated, I can't fathom out how they can give you a refund on your card when you didn't use it to make the purchase in the first place....or am I missing something here?
  • Options
    if you paid for something by card, they cant refund you in cash die to anti fraud laws.

So wouldnt that be the same in reverse?
  • Options
    As people have said, its probably to do with anti-money laundering regulations in the UK. I presume its different to returning an item to a shop as you arent physically returning anything other than abit of paper. I believe they have to return it to a card for security purposes, otherwise you would have right dodgy gits buying tickets with dirty money, then getting refunds in clean cash and it would be untraceable.

It is a pain in the arse for some people though.
  • Options
    Well what if you don't have a card Gary?
  • Options
    I managed to swap my Walsall tickets for Wycombe ones yesterday. At first he told me he would have to refund me first and then do the Wycombe transaction. When he asked for my card I told him I had paid in cash. I made it clear I paid in cash and didn't need to go into any explanation or lie about not having a card. All of a sudden it was easy to swap my old tickets for the new ones. No need to give me a refund after all. Simple eh?
  • Options
    So we're getting two different stories....now I think we're even more confused.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Well what if you don't have a card Gary?

If you dont have a bank card in the 21st Century then you dont deserve a refund ;-)

Seriously tho, i dont really know. Maybe club store credit? lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]I managed to swap my Walsall tickets for Wycombe ones yesterday. At first he told me he would have to refund me first and then do the Wycombe transaction. When he asked for my card I told him I had paid in cash. I made it clear I paid in cash and didn't need to go into any explanation or lie about not having a card. All of a sudden it was easy to swap my old tickets for the new ones. No need to give me a refund after all. Simple eh?

lol simples... strange how one rule for one and one for others, maybe you just didnt make it clear enough Nathan or got a crap till person who was a bit on the thick side