Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tom Taiwo

edited January 2010 in Rumours
Just saw we've been linked with this guy.

Addicks in for Taiwo?

Comments

• good player, but not where we need it? i am sure he is a Defensive midfielder, although think can play left back aswell

used to be at leeds & chelsea i think and went abroad to someone who i forgot at mo lol
  • If he can play left back, shift Basey to left mid. Or maybe he can play Lef mid himself
  • good point but his natural position is DM but could be useful
  • I reckon this is lazy journalism, can't see us going for another defensive midfielder when we have Semedo and Spring, I know nothing about Taiwo so unsure if he can play anywhere else but why would we go for a DM when clearly the priority has to be LM and upfront.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I reckon this is lazy journalism, can't see us going for another defensive midfielder when we have Semedo and Spring, I know nothing about Taiwo so unsure if he can play anywhere else but why would we go for a DM when clearly the priority has to be LM and upfront.

Yep thats my point mate, although i think he would be a good signing and may play there as back up but doubt we'd sign him out and out for Left Midfield
  • Tom Taiwo
    Born 27/2/90 in Leeds, West Yorkshire

A central midfielder in his fourth year at Chelsea who swapped the Leeds United Academy for London the same summer as Michael Woods.

However while Woods joined the first team tour of the United States in 2006, Tom's start at Chelsea was spoilt by a broken leg that pre-season.

He returned before the campaign's end but was limited in appearances in the reserves. Fit again, 2007/08 brought 19+6 youth games and one game off the bench in the reserves.

2008/09 began with a short loan spell and five appearances at League Two Port Vale, but injuries again restricted Tom's development, with just five reserve team and six youth team outings added at Chelsea.

This summer, Tom joined Carlisle United on loan.

Attacking CM I beleive - if he was a freebee then he sounds pretty decent and would give us cover in CM assuming Racon leaves and someone to step into Baileys shoes next season if we are not promoted this.
  • All the fuss Chelsea went through 'poaching' those 2 kids from Leeds, they didn't exactly turn out to be world beaters did they?!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Good talks.....with Carlisle

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_5833696,00.html

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, you never know as that could be there managers way of trying to deter any interest
  • Signed for Carlisle on a two and a half year deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• lol didnt need him anyway!
  • Didn't think anything would come from that, as others said I thought he was a CM, the last position we'll sign a player in.