Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fireworks and New Years Eve

What is it with fireworks and this day which brings out the village idiot to let them off at 11am.Every year it is the same.Every year i wish for the same result it does not happen.I would not mind but he is 60 years of age he should know better.Lets them off in the road in the front of the house,i am pissed off the cats pissed off and we still have another 14 hours of it.Anyone got a steamroller i could use for afew hours.

Comments

• For 364 days a year your cat is curling foul smelling poo round his garden. Let him have his fun.
  • Okay i will ship him over to you ,the village idiot that is ,not the cat.Trust me you really do not want this.
    He keeps pigeons in his back garden and that is alot of poo.As for the fireworks i have had it since the begining of the month and that is really too long.
  • It is illegal to let off fireworks in the street so you could report him to the police. There are also strict times when fireworks can be let off. The trouble is that it isn't just 1 day on the year - it is far more of a problem than that.

I do sympathise with you as where I used to live we had to suffer fireworks being let off every night from mid October to mid November and again around New Year. My cats were terrified to go out for the whole of that period. I wrote several times to my MP to suggest that they only be let off on the Saturday before and after Bonfire Night and the day istelf, plus New Year at Midnight only. He wasn't much help as he thought they had toughened up the law enough. Fortunately I've moved and have no near neigbours so there isn't a problem for my cats anymore.
  • Sounds like a job for the Council: if he's letting them off in the road it could be classed as a public nuisance, also as a danger to the public. Try the Noise Section of the Environmental Health Dept.: they could issue an Enforcement Notice to stop him. Could try them now but there's just a chance everybody's gone home!
  • It's traditional in many countries to celebrate New Year with fireworks at midnight.
    Britain is now only just catching up.

Down here in Oggyland, not so far from here the city of Plymouth every year hosts the 2-day National Fireworks Championships. In August.

And there always seems to be other mega "official" displays by other organisations every so often, that probably cost a bomb. These last a couple of hours - and look and sound like a prettier version of the Blitz that originally flattened half of Plymouth in 1941.

Not forgetting Guy Fawkes, night of course when every local Rotary Club has a display for charity.

Even "Solar Eclipse Day" 10 years ago, as the day turned to dark at 11 in the morning when the birds went quiet and the street lights came on, some bright sparks set off rockets and roman candles.

People like to have fun, I suppose. ;o)
  • or not lol
  • At my families in kidbrooke its tradition that me cousin john let off a few rockets at midnight, makes the night special, after being couped up in the hot house and dancing to chaz and dave and I am the music man was lovely to take the cold air. If it was every night then moan mate but if I had some cash I would be sending a few up at midnight. Its our diwali our ede so feck it.
  • Can't you park one of your coaches outside his house for the night tonight?
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Can't you park one of your coaches outside his house for the night tonight?

Ask Eddie Cecil to do it ..... ;o)
  • March51 3 hours ago # 5
    Sounds like a job for the Council: if he's letting them off in the road it could be classed as a public nuisance, also as a danger to the public. Try the Noise Section of the Environmental Health Dept.: they could issue an Enforcement Notice to stop him. Could try them now but there's just a chance everybody's gone home!.......

No good living in Bexley then mate!...... the council in it's wisdom did away with its party patrol night enviroment team,That lot would never issue an enforcement notice.... quite where they live with all the anti social pissheads is amazing..... I have no issue with people letting off fireworks on days like holidays, but not the days before and after, often for several weeks, quite how they afford it I have no idea! . Everyone is entitled to have some fun, but not every weekend.... We have a westie dog and he hates firworks, but it seems to be al lright fof people to have fireworks 50 night a year, parties till 5am and burglar alarms going off all hours of the night. Once had a neighbour who played there music like this most weekends, I told him on several occassions and he ignored me, that was till I turned on the 100 watt marshall twin reverb cabinet, and played Hendrix for three hours... I think he got the point, and it only went up to 6 on the dial, as i said 'I should played it at 10 like jimi did, but people in Bexleyheath might get a little distressed mate!...... although the foundations took a hammering! Could have been worse though I had Led Zep and Uriah Heep in reserve.....
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Down here in Oggyland, not so far from here the city of Plymouth every year hosts the 2-day National Fireworks Championships. In August.[/quote]

I go down every year to watch them (and stay at the in-laws). A great two days
  • Sounded like a naval barrage at midnight in Charlton.
  • Last night on primrose hill two people let off those multi firework box things in the direction where people were standing these idiots should have been arrested( but all the police were at south bank) one fire work flew about half a footover my shoulder if I hadn't pushed the girlfriend away when I saw it coming I am positive it would have hit her!
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Down here in Oggyland, not so far from here the city of Plymouth every year hosts the 2-day National Fireworks Championships. In August.

I go down every year to watch them (and stay at the in-laws). A great two days

Nice one, Kev.

Many of us from my village go on one of the boat trips ........ we anchor in Plymouth Sound, just underneath Plymouth Hoe .......and the fireworks go off over our heads, with the reflections lit up in the water all around us.

Then afterwards, we go along to the Barbican harbour area, loads of eateries, pubs and clubs.

What do you do - join the throng watching from Plymouth Hoe?
  • ALWALYS WANTED TO DO A PLYMOUTH HOE
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]ALWALYS WANTED TO DO A PLYMOUTH HOE

There's not just the one you know, Steve.

Union Street is full of them.