Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joey Barton

Comments

• Options
    Burnley is a lovely and honourable club .. pity that this twat is sullying its good name .. when things get tough, Barton just can't deal with it .. read his 'autobiography' to get a taste of what a totally unpleasant and self justifying piece of rubbish he is .. Dyche should sack him, but I doubt he will, more is the pity
  • Options
    Trevor Sinclair sticking up for him on MOTD, making himself look a c**t
  • Options
    Bartons excuses on Twitter are almost as laughable as his actions today. What a shrimp.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    For Joey Barton who is 34 going on 14, rearrange these words into a well known phrase or saying;

'Spots change their leopards don't' :smirk:
  • Options

Trevor Sinclair sticking up for him on MOTD, making himself look a c**t

Good point Dave. Really like Sinclair's analysis and summaries on MOTD, but in defending Barton last night he just made himself look like a sycophantic arselicker.
  • Options
    Got to admit, Barton is something of a knob!
  • Options
    Just seen MOTD, I didn't see anything that I didn't already know. Vile human being. The football equivalent of Russell Brand
  • Options

Got to admit, Barton is something of a knob!

He must be, with all the cameras around that catch every angle of everything that goes on, thinking he'd get away with that.
  • Options
    only just watched this. the game loses credibility when players can get away with this, he needs a retrospective ban and fine for that but so does the lincoln player who went down holding his face after flanagan pushed him in the chest
  • Options
    Barton, the man who put a lighted cigarette into
    a young players eye whilst training.
    Cynical dive just brushing Rhead's arm.
    Hope the FA will punish this blatant cheating,
    but don't expect they will!
    Cant believe hardman Dyche has employed him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was just a little stamp according to Sinclair. Idiot.
    If anyone, anywhere, doubted how much of an arsehole Barton is, there can be no doubt now.
  • Options
    What with all of his gambling on football, I wonder if he had some money on the number of bookings?
  • Options
    The lincoln manager Cowley in response was top class...
  • Options

Him and Roger Johnson can go and spend their retirement in some pub in the middle of nowhere where no one ever has to see or hear from them again.

Canterbury
  • Options
    Having read Joey's book I'd actually started to view him a bit differently. There was plenty of self reflection and admition of his problems. But ultimately actions speak louder than words and he's just let himself down again.
  • Options
    The 'stamp' happens 10 times a game at all levels of football...i have no issue with that. The rolling around on the floor after his head made contact with Rheads arm was awful though.

I have read (amd enjoyed) his book - it showed him in a different light
  • Options

Him and Roger Johnson can go and spend their retirement in some pub in the middle of nowhere where no one ever has to see or hear from them again.

Canterbury
    Pubs are far to nice here to have those two ruin them.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Banned for 18 months.

Joey Barton banned from football for 18 months after admitting FA misconduct charge relating to betting.
  • Options

Banned for 18 months.

Joey Barton banned from football for 18 months after admitting FA misconduct charge relating to betting.

Blimey might as well retire now... He'll be 36 by the time he can play again!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    34 years old cant see him playing again.
  • Options

34 years old cant see him playing again.

Hopefully that's the case.
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39720232

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Very much deserved.
  • Options
    Harsh decision imo but couldn't care less.
  • Options

makes some pertinent points in my opinion

I agree. How can the football league allow Skybet to sponsor the league and then complain about gambling.
  • Options

makes some pertinent points in my opinion

I agree. How can the football league allow Skybet to sponsor the league and then complain about gambling.
    The league are not complaining about gambling - they are complaining about one of their registered footballers breaking the zero tolerance rules on them being allowed to gamble on football (any football).

He broke the rules - he knew he was breaking the rules - and he pays the price (on the heavy side I admit).
  • Options
    problem is he's retiring from football so he states .. this means more time to talk rubbish on the TV and radio about things of which he knows little ...