Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Heeeelllllllllllppppppppppp

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
I am a complete doofus with anything technical so if you know the solution to this can you put it in idiot-proof form please.

Bought my beloved a Philips BDP-3000 Blu-ray player & have connected it to the tv with a HDMI cable & it works fine but when we put the Michael McIntyre normal DVD in we got as far as 'play disc' but nothing happened, no menu & no picture. Tried the DVD on the 'normal' DVD player & it was fine.

The Blu-ray also plays Airman's latest DVD okay.

Today she bought the Hannah Waterman work out DVD with the same result as the Michael McIntyre one, nothing happened when we tried to play it on the Blu-ray. We must be doing something wrong but I'm damned if I know what. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

Comments

• Did you read the destructions?

Will it play any Dvd in your collection? Maybe there's a setting to get it to play regular DVDs

(should have bought a ps3 tbf!!!)
  • You may need to link it up to the net and download the latest software. Then again it is Michael McIntyre and something has managed to shut him up. Maybe your Blu ray is telling you something? ;-)
  • Someone else has already tried it, apparently they wont.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/movie-suppliers-technology/695630-will-blu-ray-dvds-play-normal-dvd-player.html
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Someone else has already tried it, apparently they wont.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/movie-suppliers-technology/695630-will-blu-ray-dvds-play-normal-dvd-player.html

ps3 plays anything

send it back and get the superior machine
  • Sorry but if you read the article they are talking about blue ray discs not playing on a normal dvd player, not the other way around.
  • So it doesn't play Michael McIntyre or an exercise vid? Sounds perfect! ;-p
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Sorry but if you read the article they are talking about blue ray discs not playing on a normal dvd player, not the other way around.

Sorry my mistake! just trying to be helpful :(
  • I have tried just the three, it will not play McIntyre or the exercise nonsense but WILL play the Charlton Championship DVD, pretty good in my book!! Will try a few more later but the instructions say it will play normal DVD's with the picture quality being better than if played on a standard DVD player.
  • Might be a region encoding issue. When I bought my latest PC it wouldn't allow me to play DVDs until I'd set the playback region. It may be worth checking the manual to see if it says anything about that.
  • Thanks Aliwibble, will give it a go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like a region issue to me as well.