Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Llera: I came to England to play

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4822686.Llera__I_came_to_England_to_play/

Comments

• Options
    refreshing to hear. Seems a decent bloke and a proper pro. Unhappy but knuckles down and gives his all. PLayed ok last two games and if he continues Sodje shouldn't walk back in.
  • Options
    sounds a top bloke and has been a great addition to our squad, fairly unlucky to be the scapegoat for the Colchester debacle - however can never fault his effort.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Good luck to him - I want players to play for my team who have a decent work ethic, and he seems to have that in spades. His distribution is also better than any other defender we have at the club. However, he wasn't 'fairly unlucky' to be made a scapegoat for the Colchester debacle - that was one of the worst performances from a central defender I've ever seen. Lets not lose sight of that fact.
  • Options
    agreed he was poor at Colchester, but he wasn't the only one. My point (although not really explained properly) was that it was his first bad game and he then suffered with being dropped for 2 months.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]agreed he was poor at Colchester, but he wasn't the only one. My point (although not really explained properly) was that it was his first bad game and he then suffered with being dropped for 2 months.
    That's fair enough as well - it was his first absolute stinker - but he'd made plenty of rickets in games before that, just not in areas that necessarily obviously cost us. He's one of those centre halves who will always polarise opinion - some will think he's great in the side because his distribution is, for this level, a class above, and his effort often makes up for his clumsiness, head like a biscuit tin and inability to make a simple back pass. There are others, however, who see him as an accident waiting to happen.
  • Options
    He wasn't dropped for 2 months as such. We signed Sodje after the season started if I recall correctly and he had to get fit. Sodje was always going to be first choice IMO and he got the chance after Llera produced possibly the worst display I have ever seen by a Charlton centre back.

Hopefully, he will now push Sodje and keep his place when Sodje is available, if he can justify it.
  • Options
    No harm in having decent competition for a position. All managers crave that - anyway, no player wants to be left out of a successful side, and it keeps players performing to the top of their game.
  • Options
    It confirms what parky said in a Q&A session and that he is a top bloke.. goes with the determination and spirit on this team. Llera is a first class professional and a credit to this team. I too hope he now pushes Sodje out of the team
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]I too hope he now pushes Sodje out of the team

Ah, but pushing can be a yellow card offence ..... and Llera's already on 4 bookings.

Yikes, we need another centre half, like right now!
  • Options
    Could be times when we need to play different players over each other. Northwich we could have done with Llera, while Sodje possibly has the best leap in the whole squad, Llera's height means he would have had the best chance of challenging Matt Bailey in the air. In other games we might need Sodje's pace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with Leroy that his performance at Colchester was the worst single performance from a Charlton central defender I have ever witnessed....in fact I'd go as far as to say that on the day we'd have been better off starting the game with only 10 men on the pitch as opposed to having him in the line up...an absolute 'mare' of the first order and a quite extraordinary event to have witnessed.
    Having said that, I quite like the bloke and I don't feel too concerned if he's on the park.
  • Options
    Miguel is a proper Charlton player LOCKED ON FACT!

(Haven't written that in a long while!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Miguel is a proper Charlton player LOCKED ON FACT

yep crap ... we were spoilt for a few years!!
  • Options
    The Own Goal at Colchester was Elliot and Lleras fault, Llera did not look, Elliot did not call loud enough (I was right behind the goal). Until then all the team had been playing well, unfortuntely llera fell to pieces got doen for the 2nd goal and was a gibbering wreck for the rest of the time he was on the pitch.

Has come back well in the last two games, but needs to keep his 5th booking away for the next three games, although if I was him, i'd make sure dailly was fit, get booked at Walsall, miss Wycombe, get back in the side before Sodje is over his ban and avoid letting him sneak back in - but then I'm a cynic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite], but needs to keep his 5th booking away for the next three games
    extends to 10 on Friday.