Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

team against Brentford is:

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Elliott, Omo, llera,semedo, basey, sam,bailey, waggy, spring, dickson, akpo....subs: racon, mackenzie, solly, shelvey, izale, randolph and MAMBO

Comments

• 442 good choice
  • Thats a pretty attacking side....
  • Not sur I get starting Sam & Waggy ...... I would have thought we needed to stiffen centre mid as Semedo is not gatekeeper, and there'll be tired legs out there.

Unless Parky feels ....... start where we left off, and attack from the start, grab a lead and see what to do next?

Mambo as sub ...... obviously there for height in the direst emergency, otherwise Solly on and shunt either Basey or Omo centre back.
  • goal area @ the 'away' end is very muddy . Will be intersting at set pieces.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not sur I get starting Sam & Waggy ...... I would have thought we needed to stiffen centre mid as Semedo is not gatekeeper, and there'll be tired legs out there.

Unless Parky feels ....... start where we left off, and attack from the start, grab a lead and see what to do next?

Mambo as sub ...... obviously there for height in the direst emergency, otherwise Solly on and shunt either Basey or Omo centre back.

Agree with this assessment
  • Dickson starting well gets his chance, lets hope he starts like he did at rovers
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcinperth[/cite]Dickson starting well gets his chance, lets hope he starts like he did at rovers

You mean Dickson scores 2 in 3-1 Charlton win at Brentford?
  • i'm trying to think of a worse front two that we have played together up front
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i'm trying to think of a worse front two that we have played together up front

Cheer up, Oohaah ..... who would you have played imstead, bearing in mind McKenzie's only got half an hour's football in him at the mo?
  • Sponsored links:

• i'd rather mcleod and shelvey ... and clearly when i say mcleod that shows how poor i think the chosen two are
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i'd rather mcleod and shelvey ... and clearly when i say mcleod that shows how poor i think the chosen two are
    McLeod can't play up front on his own or alongside the type of player Shelvey is.

Can understand why it had to be Akpo and Dickson. McLeod has rarely impressed apart from looking dangerous coming on and getting a few arguably lucky goals.

I don't rate Akpo or Dickson that highly either, but considering who's available it's probably the best partnership we have. Could have gone for 4-5-1 I suppose.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I don't rate Akpo or Dickson that highly either, but considering who's available it's probably the best partnership we have. Could have gone for 4-5-1 I suppose.

Know what you mean Scoh, there's a destinctly lower-league feel about our front-line today but that's not necessarily going to be a big problem as we are playing in the lower-leagues after all!
  • 4-6-0 would have been better with the lack of options we've got!
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]4-6-0 would have been better with the lack of options we've got!

We usually play too deep anyway, without encouraging them to play deeper still....(!)