Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Logitech squeezebox Duet

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
Its my birthday tomorrow and was thinking of trying this piece of kit, the cash I got from the family wont stretch to the "Sonos" (700/800 quid) Any experiences good or bad.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0012K6VIW/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=471057153&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001EWDVXG&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=11JEGQX6YGCCJCFMRKJX

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, I've no idea what you're talking about..........
    I can't even plumb in my DVD recorder..........
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Sorry, I've no idea what you're talking about..........
    I can't even plumb in my DVD recorder..........[/quote]

This is what you want Mog, unless your all HDeed up then you want the HDMI version.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HIGH-QUALITY-2-to-5-WAY-SCART-SPLITTER-COMBINER-SKY-DVD_W0QQitemZ300375728777QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item45efc9e289

Edit: make sure the water is turned off at the mains before attempting this ;)
  • Options
    TCE....whats the difference between a wireless and a radio...?
  • Options
    I've got one TCE and use it daily. Great for simplifying internet radio.
  • Options
    Well, that's not the exact one I've got, I have the boombox one, but they all do the same thing.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]TCE....whats the difference between a wireless and a radio...?[/quote]

I hope this helps Solid ;)

Radio vs. Wireless
    By EDWARD C. HUBERT
    The "difference" between radio and wireless. There ain't none such, that's all. Wireless or radio, whichever you wish to call it, has put more people in the bug-house and living room than any other mechanical cussing-machine.
    But radio and wireless--there must be a big difference; they're spelled a little different. I hate to disappoint and disillusion some of you who have counted so much on a "big difference." But just brace yourselves and prepare for the shock: THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RADIO AND WIRELESS EXCEPT THE SPELLING.
    Wireless does not mean sparks, noise, lots of switches and neighborhood feuds. Wireless means communication without the use of wires other than the aerial; the ether and ground taking the place of wires. Radio means exactly the same thing: it is the same process. Now communication by wireless waves may consist of an SOS message from a ship at sea or the communication may be simply the reception of a wheezing soprano. It does not become something different in either spelling or meaning just because you can understand one and can't the other. When broadcasting was being experimented with, back in 1915, they called these experiments "wireless telephone." But today the same thing is being done only on a wholesale basis, and for no reason at all the name has been changed to "radio." But radio is not a new word and its real meaning isn't broadcasting of music or speeches. Radio is simply the process of communication by either voice or telegraphic code by using the ether and ground in place of direct wires. Thus, don't say you "have a radio" in your house. What you mean is that you have a radio receiver or a wireless receiver in your home. If you think that there's any difference between a radio receiver and a wireless receiver then how do you explain hearing code signals on your so-called "radio"? No, there's no difference; the same circuits that the ships and amateurs use for reception of radio telegraph or wireless telegraph signals will be found in a so-called "radio." The famous "Reinartz Circuit" was originally made for the reception of code signals, not soprano broadcasts.
    So get it straight now, that the thing you have in the living room that makes noises like the victrola is not "a radio," but a "radio receiver," or "wireless receiver"; the two terms are synonymous. The code signals which sometimes justly drown out a political speech should not be called "wireless," for that is too broad a term. Call it "wireless telegraph" or "radio telegraph." The jazz band music you hear is NOT "radio." It is "radio telephone" or "wireless telephone," music. If this is the radio age let us learn the correct classification of the various branches, instead of making one or two words put on various disguises for the many parts they are supposed to play.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Well, that's not the exact one I've got, I have the boombox one, but they all do the same thing.

LoOkie, would I have to load all my music back onto my laptop? (its currently stored on a external hardrive)
  • Options
    Its a nice piece of kit, although I went for the philips streamium device with inbuilt 80gb hard drive as I wanted a player itself as opposed to just a streamer.These are coming down severely in price at the moment so could pick one up for a good price (check currys/comet etc).
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for help Gents, I found somewhere online selling them at £229. So I guess thats what I'll getting with my birthday money.
    A fiver each from the children (Dad, we're skint! your birthday is so close to Christmas) so just £214 to pay myself :(

Richer Sounds, Bromley £219. Thanks for your help again guy's, a great piece of kit. :)