Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

London

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
From Regent's Park mosque on to Baker Street
Down to the Cross where all the pipesmoke neat
To Somerstown where somethings never stop
The Roundhouse, The Marathon Bar and Camden Lock

You can make it your own hell or heaven
Live as you please
Can we make it, if we all live together
As one big family

Down to Chinatown for duck and rice
Along Old Compton St, the boys are nice
On Carnaby you still can get the threads
If you wanna be a mod, a punk, a ted or a suedehead

Live as you please
As one big family

Na na na na naaaa na na
We are London
Na na na na naaaa na na
London's talking

Na na na na naaaa na na
We are London
Na na na na naaaa na na
London walking

In all the nightclubs, strip joints and the bars
From it's poorest paid to it's highest stars
The poets, plumbers, painters, spreads and sparks
From it's inner-city to it's furthest parts

Live as you please
As one big family

Comments

• I love were im from just a year and il be back :-)
  • How can two posts reflect such a polarisation of the English language?!
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]How can two posts reflect such a polarisation of the English language?!

spelin iz hard m8 init
  • Never was the gap between generations so perfectly illustrated lol
  • Is that from a song ? This is the time of year I miss London the most. I love living in the US but Xmas is just not the same. Couldn't afford the flights home this year but happy Xmas to all.
  • [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]Is that from a song ? This is the time of year I miss London the most. I love living in the US but Xmas is just not the same. Couldn't afford the flights home this year but happy Xmas to all.

From the most recent Madness album, The Liberty of Norton Folgate.

Very different to their other stuff, more a mini London opera, musical equivalent of Peter Ackroyd ... well recommended.
  • My home for the last seven years has been Thailand , everyone that comes here on holiday from England says " you are lucky to live here England is finished blah, blah,blah.maybe i am lucky, but O yes i still miss England and London.
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Colin in Thailand.[/cite]My home for the last seven years has been Thailand , everyone that comes here on holiday from England says " you are lucky to live here England is finished blah, blah,blah.maybe i am lucky, but O yes i still miss England and London.

But do they mean England or do they mean Britain? So many don't know the difference.
  • [cite]Posted By: Colin in Thailand.[/cite]My home for the last seven years has been Thailand , everyone that comes here on holiday from England says " you are lucky to live here England is finished blah, blah,blah.maybe i am lucky, but O yes i still miss England and London.

Theres nothing wrong with England people just dont know how good they have it. I have visited Thailand and i dont envy you living there i couldn't do it. People over here dont know what poor is they think cos they live on a council estate they are poor not true no one in this country is poor unless they live on the street thats a diff story.