Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Someone help me (shoelace related query)

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
OMG - just put my new shoes on and the laces don't come tied up

I have only ever had slip ons until now. What should I do ? When I bought them the shop assistant didn't say nothing about that and there aren't any instructions like when I bought a neck tie.

This kind of thing shouldn't be allowed. I should have been told.

Comments

• Somebody needs to f'kin sort this - it shouldn't be allowed.
    Should we send the boys round to put their windows in?
  • think you have one of those new fangled pairs where the laces are not intended to be done up. You just tuck them into the shoe and then put your feet in. They may seem a bit loose but if so just take them back for a smaller pair.
  • Buttoneer is the way forward.
  • Are you sure it's not just velcro?
  • I'm sure henry will advice for you he's an expert on this topic.
  • Sympathise with you mate: have had only zip-up Chelsea boots myself since the '60s although did have laces on my football boots but just sort of wrapped them round and tucked them in. Can your Mum do them for you?
  • Loop, hoop swoosh and pull..
  • [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Sympathise with you mate: have had only zip-up Chelsea boots myself since the '60s although did have laces on my football boots but just sort of wrapped them round and tucked them in. Can your Mum do them for you?
    Chelsea boots? I hope thats a style and not an actual pair of boots with a chelsea logo.
  • Oh, how I despair of you youngsters! No, nothing to do with CFC Dazzler : a style of footwear fashionable all those years ago, and still is in this house. Can still get 'em in that Shoe Zone (?) shop in Redhill for £20. A steal!
  • Take them back to the shop and tell them the laces are too tight....
  • Sponsored links:

• Why not get a pair of clip on laces, just like a clip on tie.
  • Sellotape!

Works for everything........It's brill.
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Sellotape!

There's a shortage of it at this time of year.
  • Those shoes with velcro that are advertised in the sunday papers are very comfortable and save all this shoelace nonsense. Bargain too !
  • Yeah with one of henners cardigans and a pair of those special news of the world shoes you will look quite the man about town...

Those shoes claim to last for ever.. in fact on the advert it says "we dare you to ware them out"......... in public that is.
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Sellotape!

We should point out that other brands of adhesive tape are also available...
  • Glue them to your feet ( but make sure you have socks on ) then hey presto slip on shoes with built in socks ...will say minutes getting ready in the morning
  • edited December 2009
    This is extremely worrying news. What is this country coming to?
    I think you should sue the shop for all the anxiety and stress you have suffered because of these so called "laces" and they didn't even give you a bloody manual and it's probably a Health And Safety issue too.
    This has ruined my Christmas.
    :-)
  • This might help.
  • what have i just walked into
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Take them back to the shop and tell them the laces are too tight....

Try it with the tongue out.
  • This is a serious matter. Somebody should call the police.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Take them back to the shop and tell them the laces are too tight....

90034332.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=A7B69CF049AC9005B5FE7835B69CD999792098275AC8AE41ECE8ED8320F0902A
    Blagh blugh splugh splagh blugh...

Not quite the same effect..
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Take them back to the shop and tell them the laces are too tight....

[img][/img]http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/90034332.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=A7B69CF049AC9005B5FE7835B69CD999792098275AC8AE41ECE8ED8320F0902A
    Blagh blugh splugh splagh blugh...

Not quite the same effect..

RedZed and I thank you.

We're here all week.