Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Striker rumours

edited January 2007 in Rumours
Wenger doesn't mind Stokes coming to us.

As for David Nugent, Preston have been insistent that he is not for sale, much as we have for Darren Bent.

Spose we'd be better off with a loan deal for someone anyway.

Comments

• This Stokes guy has been banging them in for Falkirk but are'nt they about the same standard as Gillingham or Millwall?

Charlie Macdonalds scored a lot of goals this season!
  • edited January 2007
    Gravs Athletic v Gravesend is on Sky Sports tonight. Will give me a chance to catch up with a whole host of ex-Charlton youth team player, including Charlie McDonald. Whatever happened to Derek Hales' kid who was so prolific alongside McDonald in our youth team?
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Gravs Athletic v Gravesend is in Sky Sports tonight. Will give me a chance to catch up with a whole host of ex-Charlton youth team player, including Charlie McDonald. Whatever happened to Derek Hales' kid who was so prolific alongside McDonald in our youth team?

Good question Pete. He was as prolific as Macdonald for a while.

On the same theme where did Reg's son Alex end up? Anybody know?
  • I think it was Barnet Len, or was that a loan deal?
  • Leigh I think you will find is more into his golf now and has a young family dont think he plays anymore
  • Alex Varney is banging them in for Crewe....

Top Scorers

LG FA LC EU OTH TOT
    Varney 12 0 1 0 2 15

He was in our Youth and reserves wasn't he?
  • Hillsys - I think you will find that it is Luke Varney (no relation) who plays for Crewe while Alex Varney is at Barnet.
  • I stand corrected.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Gravs Athletic v Gravesend is on Sky Sports tonight. Will give me a chance to catch up with a whole host of ex-Charlton youth team player, including Charlie McDonald. Whatever happened to Derek Hales' kid who was so prolific alongside McDonald in our youth team?

Wasn't that around the time Jonny Fortune was knocking them in as centre forward?