Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Champions League Draw

Some good ties.

Milan vs United, Beckham going back to Old Trafford

And

Inter v Chelsea

Mourinho back to the Bridge :-O

AC Milan v MAN UTD

Porto v ARSENAL

Lyon v Real Madrid

CSKA Moscow v Sevilla

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina

Inter Milan v CHELSEA

Olympiakos v Bordeaux

Stuttgart v Barcelona

Comments

• All the english teams should cruise through.
  • Mourinho will beat Chelsea
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]All the english teams should cruise through.

Only Arsenal have an easy draw, everyone would've wanted to avoid the Milan teams. I think Chelsea will edge Inter, but Man United will go out.
  • Dont rate AC Milan at all.
  • I'm only reading off the table, but they're doing pretty well in Serie A this season. I think it depends on whether United's defence is back by then.
  • How easy have Barcelona got it?! I think all the English sides will go through. Mourinho is a great manager but Inter are not good enough in Europe and all their new signings are really struggling to gel. They'll frustrate Chelsea but will lose. My predictions are to go through are:

MAN UTD
    ARSENAL
    Real Madrid
    Sevilla
    Bayern Munich
    CHELSEA
    Bordeaux
    Barcelona
  • I think with the English sides all being at home 2nd leg, they'll just have the edge but none of them will be easy games.

On a change of subject though, i know the Europa League (UEFA Cup) is very much the poor relation but there are some big sides left in.
    Liverpool, Juventus, Roma, Atletico Madrid, Villarreal, PSV, Ajax, Benfica, Valencia.

And if Everton and Liverpool get through, they could face the friendly Turkish faces of Galatasaray and Fenerbahce.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I think with the English sides all being at home 2nd leg, they'll just have the edge but none of them will be easy games.

On a change of subject though, i know the Europa League (UEFA Cup) is very much the poor relation but there are some big sides left in.
    Liverpool, Juventus, Roma, Atletico Madrid, Villarreal, PSV, Ajax, Benfica, Valencia.

And if Everton and Liverpool get through, they could face the friendly Turkish faces of Galatasaray and Fenerbahce.

Although they have been poor this season I expected Liverpool to be seeded for that one. Fancy Benfica to win the Europa League but Fulham could be a bit of a dark horse to get further than expected.
  • Do away goals count after extra time in the Champions League? If so, being at home in the second leg is nowhere near as much of an advantage.
  • It's after 90mins dabos I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]I'm only reading off the table, but they're doing pretty well inSerie Athis season. I think it depends on whether United's defence is back by then.

Italian league is crap. AC Milan struggled through, what was on paper, a fairly straight forward group. Man Utd will be too strong for them.
  • The Italian league is weaker than it was in the 90s, but I think it's pretty naive to write it off completely from now on. AC Milan still have Ronaldinho, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo, Huntelaar, Zambrotta and Nesta. I know a few of those are creaking somewhat but I'd still argue United got one of the hardest draws.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Dont rate AC Milan at all.

I will give a first hand account of them tomorrow, after a slow start they did pick up but a bad defeat last week. I think they are too inconsistent to beat united, yes on paper some good players but it really does depend on whether they turn up on both nights. My feeling is Fergie will have the edge over Leonardo
  • Canny draw for Barca. Fancy Milan to put Utd out, Chelsea will do Inter, the dirty fascist scum will beat Lyon, Russkies will beat Sevilla, Bordeaux and Olympiakos are both shite but Bordeaux should sneak it and Bayern will be too strong for La Viola
  • edited December 2009
    I Reckon
    man u
    Chelsea
    arsenal
    lyon will shock madrid
    seville
    bayern
    Bordeaux
    barcalona
    for the europa leauge benfica will beat liverpool with fulham going out in the semis
    "the dirty fascist scum" not a fan then leroy ;-)
  • Lyon v Bordeaux
    Bayern Munich v Man Utd
    Arsenal v Barcelona
    Inter v CSKA Moscow

Cheerio Gooners!!
  • auf weidersehen armchair mancs
  • Man Utd v Barcelona II then
  • I think/hope Arsenal are going to surprise us.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think/hope Arsenal are going to surprise us.

I doubt it, although im with you!

Looks like Barcalona v Bayern final for me
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think/hope Arsenal are going to surprise us.

Xavi, Abidal and Keita will all be fit by the time they play... not a chance, they cannot play against teams that use a wide front 3
  • This is a quality draw, can't wait now.
  • Im going to the Arsenal game with a gooner mate who has a spare season ticket for midweek games.

Bit of a stepdown from the Kent derby
  • United have got to be pleased that Inter, Barce and Arsenal are in the other half of the draw.
  • just got an email for corporate... different league!

EXECUTIVE BOX

„. Private 10 or 12 seater Executive Box with external seating balcony
    „. Champagne served on arrival
    „. Four-course meal served with wine, beer & minerals
    „. Half-time tea, coffee & biscuits
    „. Full-time refreshments
    „. Matchday programme and gift

Boxes - £1380 + vat pp (10,12 and 15 seaters available)
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]just got an email for corporate... different league!

EXECUTIVE BOX

We sell a whole box for less than that. don't we? Madness...even if the football is also a very different league!
  • can't care less. It's just money vs money. 40 years of tv have skewed the fanbase in the favour of these clubs. The only way to break into it is to find a billionaire owner. Can't wait till Ambramovitch gets bored.
  • Fancy a Utd V Inter final with Utd winning it. Not been overly impressed with Barca this year (compared to their usual standards). Munich are real dark horses though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]just got an email for corporate... different league!

EXECUTIVE BOX

They didn't tell you that the gift is that one of Tiger Wood's mistresses will serve as your executive box hostess.
  • [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]just got an email for corporate... different league!

EXECUTIVE BOX

They didn't tell you that the gift is that one of Tiger Wood's mistresses will serve as your executive box hostess.

That's not too much of a special deal, though, is it? Sure one of his mistresses is my local barmaid and another runs the corner shop down the road. ;-)