Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Problem with laptop,noton related.

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
I Have experienced a problem with my laptop and would like some help/advice if poss.
I Clicked by mistake on a Norton 2010 update box(apply now) which appeared on my laptop last night,i should have clicked REMIND me later, it's a bit too late now.
The problem is i have now lost my orange dongle broadband connection, can't log onto to the internet, get the screen saver come up and that's it. Want to now what to do or who to phone as i would like to get back online, any ideas problem wise or cost wise, anywhere/anyone recommended in the greenwich/eltham/sidcup area that could help.
Thanks.
Badger.

Comments

• Options
    try system restore to a point before you downloaded the software...if using vista click start and try uninstalling the software via computer. But system restore should work fine..
  • Options
    FOR VISTA

System restore is at the top on the left hand side under back up and restore which is located in control panel. just input the date you want your computer to revert its previous settings to, just go back 2 days to be sure...
  • Options
    This isn't particularly helpful, but do your best to get Norton off your computer. Try AVG (it's free to download) instead. Norton is a nightmare.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]This isn't particularly helpful, but do your best to get Norton off your computer. Try AVG (it's free to download) instead. Norton is a nightmare.

Norton out smarted itself...if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]This isn't particularly helpful, but do your best to get Norton off your computer. Try AVG (it's free to download) instead. Norton is a nightmare.

seconded
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

seconded

thirded, if such a word exists.
  • Options
    Fourthded
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Fifthed (F*cking Norton is a total wind up). It kept blocking file and printer sharing and just got in the way.
  • Options
    How the fook can Norton be the biggest antivirus co, it's horrible.

I like Avast, but AVG is pretty good too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been using Kaspersky for the last few months, no problems at all.

Had been on ZoneAlarm before which is pretty good but Kaspersky seems a level above.