Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Retro Shirts

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Wondering what people think of the new retro shirts that are being sold in the club shop. I personally really like them especially the 1984 one (even though this was before my time). I seem to remember about 4 or 5 years ago there was a range we sold but I could be wrong. A lot of clubs sell the older retro shirts and I think they are very smart.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Saw them today........
    Like the mid 80's Red with white stripes............
    (Still have John Pearsons from the Promotion match v Wimbledon in the wardrobe, tho its "shrunk" alot...............)
  • Options
    Recently bought the white home shirt from the '60's off of Toff's. Well before my time, but it's nice and it's cheaper than me buying a new shirt with a sponsor all over it each year!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Saw them today........
    Like the mid 80's Red with white stripes............
    (Still have John Pearsons from the Promotion match v Wimbledon in the wardrobe, tho its "shrunk" alot...............)

Shrunk, MoG? ....... sure you've not got a bit baggy ...... ?

;o)
  • Options
    I posted this on another thread but this is more appropriate one. Its not about Charlton Shirts but a bit of a laugh.

A mate of mine did something wired a few years back and got a international top from each country who had won the world cup so he has:

Uruguay,
    Italy,
    France,
    Brazil,
    England,
    Argentina,

He refuses to buy a Germany one as he hates them (fair enough) hes been following England for years but now he just enjoys going to tournements mainly he waits for the WC but has been known to appear at european tournements too which is pretty cool if you have the money :-)
  • Options
    Really like these, picked up the '84 pin stripe shirt on Saturday. Before my time aswell but I like my retro stuff me. Much prefer it to the current shirt actually.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Really like these, picked up the '84 pin stripe shirt on Saturday. Before my time aswell but I like my retro stuff me. Much prefer it to the current shirt actually.

Am gunna have to have a look sat after next they are getting good comments.
  • Options
    A lot of people were looking at them on sat, the pin stripe one seems to be the most popular but nice to see a new range!
  • Options
    Retros are much better. Like the look of the new ones as well, about time. Bagged myself 1989 Admiral/Woolich shirt from an internet site and its an absolute beaut!
  • Options
    got an original woolwich one but havent seen any of the others, cant find them on the club 'superstore' site, anyone got a link? the fads or the adidas one would be a good addition
  • Options
    The woolwich one isn't in store which is a shame as it was my first one I owned.

Also very keen on the red with pinstripe (osca I think) and have added to my Christmas list. Certainly wouldn't look out of place nowadays and I think the retro thing is a brilliant idea

liked some of the old school track suits too - really remind me of my youth! As long as we don't see shell suits then it's all good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    whats wrong with shellsuits? cant beat the shelley, white trainers and fag look!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I posted this on another thread but this is more appropriate one. Its not about Charlton Shirts but a bit of a laugh.

A mate of mine did something wired a few years back and got a international top from each country who had won the world cup so he has:

Uruguay,
    Italy,
    France,
    Brazil,
    England,
    Argentina,

He refuses to buy a Germany one as he hates them (fair enough) hes been following England for years but now he just enjoys going to tournements mainly he waits for the WC but has been known to appear at european tournements too which is pretty cool if you have the money :-)
    No West Auckland...?
  • Options
    Which ones do they have? I'm gonna pick one of these up
  • Options
    Got the yellow Fads one Saturday. Brilliant!
  • Options
    West Auckland Red Zed ????
  • Options
    Does anyone know if they are going to be available on the website?
  • Options
    Have they got the Bukta kit from the late 70's?
  • Options
    Got an original of the pinstripe one somewhere in a suitcase on top of a wardrobe (or even in the attic) - might have to dig it out and see if it still fits ;-)
  • Options
    Need some details, which kits were there, how much? I am writing my xmas list! Do they have sponsers on them? Are they the same as the originals? Is there an adidas the woolwich or adidas fads one?
  • Options
    Didn't realise these were now in the club shop, when did they start doing that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    This is a great site, which has alleviated the fact the superstore hasn't got them available online:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Charlton_Athletic/Charlton_Athletic.htm
  • Options
    As its my last day at work for 5 weeks, thought i'd give my work colleagues a treat. Am sporting the yellow & blue Fads shirt today :-D
  • Options
    Just rang nd they said there on the site but retro shirts only shows the hales ones. Is it is it the old adidas fads one? And does the osca one have the woolwich on it
  • Options
    FADS ones aren't Adidas branded, Adidas won't third party there logo to anyone. The OSCA one are san Woolwich logo, more pre Sunley looking
  • Options
    Thanks rothko Is the osca logo onthe 84 ones
  • Options
    Yeah it is.
  • Options
    Saw the new 3 shirts in the shop today. 30 notes each. Was impressed with all 3.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Have they got the Bukta kit from the late 70's?[/quote]

No mate, the oscar ones are not bad but to be honest the fads ones are dog shite!! look more like some fake crap you would get from a market
  • Options
    You can buy the Osca shirt on the website:

http://shop.cafc.co.uk/shop.ink?categoryID=58
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]You can buy the Osca shirt on the website:

http://shop.cafc.co.uk/shop.ink?categoryID=58

Beware of the postage charge though. Bit pricey imo.