Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matt Bailey?- Northwich Victoria- Linked

edited December 2009 in Rumours
According to his agent he has been linked with us...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_5753758,00.html

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited December 2009
    Just because we played them. Lazy!

And it's the first I've heard of these 'links' his agent is talking about!
  • This is lazy journalism, he had an excellent game against us so we want to sign him, Its like Chelsea and Scott Parker all over again lol
  • why not though ? With Sodje likely to be off to the ANC we will need another centre-half. If we've watched him and he's good enough then fine.
  • Is Pardew still in charge? No thanks. There's better CB's out there we could get.
  • There is a big difference between the conference north and league 1 (even though last months game may show there is not) and if we were to go up, surely we need players that could be good enough for the Champ!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]There is a big difference between the conference north and league 1 (even though last months game may show there is not) and if we were to go up, surely we need players that could be good enough for the Champ!

We'd also need to sign somebody who could hurl a cannonball at his head.

Actually, I wasn't so impressed with his defending, and he was turned easily on the floor.

But for set pieces, he was virtually unplayable ...... at least with our midget defenders, lol
  • Our weakness is the squad and I feel we are a Centre Half light. According to Wiki he can also play up front

He may be a good 'impact' player at this level . We have been muscled out of some games.Recently we have seen Akpo Sodje come in and turn the game at Yeovil , but I doubt Bailey could raise his game consistantly to threaten Dailly , Llera or Sodje as starters.

As for the African Nations Cup . Nigeria's first game is on Tuesday 12th January and last Group game is on Wednesday 20 January . The final is on Sunday 31st January .

I'm not sure what Nigeria's chances are but could Akpo be picked as well , in which case should his loan be extended ?
  • One good game against us doesn't make him a good player,just like one bad game against them didn't make all our players bad players.
  • He's a two bob fat muppet. Just because we made him look decent by chucking high balls up to him all game when both our forwards were about 23 inches shorter than him doesn't make him a decent player. He's slow, has the turning circle of a small oil tanker and the first touch of Amdy Faye. He might be useful against a side that only has a big lump up front, but we'd be laughably exposed against any team with even a tiny bit of pace.

Watch us sign the f***er now...
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]He's a two bob fat muppet. Just because we made him look decent by chucking high balls up to him all game when both our forwards were about 23 inches shorter than him doesn't make him a decent player. He's slow, has the turning circle of a small oil tanker and the first touch of Amdy Faye. He might be useful against a side that only has a big lump up front, but we'd be laughably exposed against any team with even a tiny bit of pace.

Watch us sign the f***er now...

Ha ha ha dont rate him then?
  • Sponsored links:

edited December 2009
    Yea i think this is Just Northwich looking for press we made him look good cos we were shite simple. Also one good game doesn't make you want to sign a player.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Yea i think this is Just Northwich looking for press we made him look good cos we were shite simple. Also one good game doesn't make you want to sign a player.

Didn't stop Pardew signing Andy Gray. He scored two goals against us for Burnley next thing we buy him!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Yea i think this is Just Northwich looking for press we made him look good cos we were shite simple. Also one good game doesn't make you want to sign a player.

You say that but i remember once West ham played Bury and beat them 10-1 Alvin Martin got 4 goals. West ham then went and signed their centerhalf
  • I don't think either Sodje will even go to the African Cup of Nations- Sam recently turned down the chance to meet up with the Nigerian squad so that he could keep his place in our team, Akpo has never played for them.

As for this Bailey chap, I've never seen him. Would prefer to get a Premiership team's youngster/reserve on loan than a non-league player if we do need reinforcements.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Yea i think this is Just Northwich looking for press we made him look good cos we were poor simple. Also one good game doesn't make you want to sign a player.

You say that but i remember once West ham played Bury and beat them 10-1 Alvin Martin got 4 goals. West ham then went and signed their centerhalf

Paul Hilton
  • Yea true im not saying it hasnt happend maybe i should have said "you shouldnt sign a player based on one match" also lets be honest Pardew wasnt exactally the best at boosting our squad the amount of shocking decissions that went down we a talking really bad times when Pardew was in charge.
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Yea i think this is Just Northwich looking for press we made him look good cos we were poor simple. Also one good game doesn't make you want to sign a player.

Paul Hilton

Yes you are right,i couldn't believe it when it happened
  • He was run ragged by Lincoln in the 2nd round game.

Don't want him.

Don't believe it will happen anyway - lazy journo syndrome.
  • Chelsea did something similar - in a CL matcha gainst Barcelona Vialli got them to target Winston Bogarde as the weak link in their defence, which worked so successfully that Bogarde was put on the transfer list...and bought by Chelsea.
  • Didn't think I'd be back on here till FA Cup Rd 3 next season ...
    Not a story emanating from us. Agree with the lazy reporting theory. Or clever agent starting a story by denying a link. He's not even our best centre-back IMO, though he's improved since last season, but you can have him if you want! We've been playing him at centre forward the past few games - not a good experiment.
    I'll pass on my address for the cheque.
  • Sponsored links:

• As long as we get someone with a long throw and only play teams that can't imagine how to deal with a tall bloke doing flick ons then he'll be AMAZING
  • You joke Morts but it's served Bolton and Stoke well in recent years! (God, please don't let us turn into either of them)
  • Parky dismisses rumour on OS audio.