Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You win some you lose some

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Saturdays Timeline

2.00pm - Place £50 football accumalator (5 selections)
3.45pm - Go to Bluewater to buy a new shirt for Saturdays gig. All 5 selections are winning
4.30pm - Return to vehicle to find out that MK Dons are screwing the bet up and now 3-1 down
5.15pm - Arrive at venue, MK Dons come back to win 4-3 and bet returns winnings of £700 :D
5.30pm - No rain for a change so drive across grass area and back up to access doors
6.30pm - Nice easy set up, set up looks great and nice acoustics
7.00pm - Just as im locking the van up the heavens open and i say to the venue manager "Everything has gone very well today, im just waiting for something to go wrong"
7.15pm - In a fit of surprising generosity i offer to buy the birthday girls drinks for the night as id met her at a wedding in the summer and i had won £700
7.30pm - 18th Birthday gig begins
12.00am - Gig ends, brilliant night, packed floor throughout and the bill for the drinks came to only £13
1.00am - Pissing down outside but manage to get packed up without getting soaked due to porched area
1.01am - Drive across grassed area on a high from the gig and pleased with myself after such a great day
1.01am - Van gets stuck on soaking wet grass, the place is in darkness and everyone has gone
2.00am - Grassed area is now a mud bath and new van purchased last week is going nowhere, every rev is digging a deeper hole
2.15am - Call AA/RAC who arnt confident they can get me back on solid ground but quote £100+ call out charge then advise they will probably then have to sub contract out a local garage to winch me out
2.30am - Speak to garage based 30miles away and get quoted £220 to winch me out to which i have no choice but to agree
3.00am - Tow truck with winch arrives. In the process of winching me out the tow truck is now firmly stuck in the mud aswell
4.00am - After trying to board the grass in front of the tow truck wheel and asking me to give his truck (about 15ton) a push, a second tow truck is called to rescue not only me but the first tow truck. To make matters worse im wearing white shoes
4.45am - Second tow truck winches out the first tow truck which then in turn winches me out and at last its all over
5.15am - Leave the venue, the grassed area is now unrecognisable and looks like its being prepared for landscaping
6.00am - Get to bed
10.00am - Have to get up early as my PAT tester is coming at 11am
12.00pm - Spend the rest of the day cleaning the inside and outside of van which i had lovingly valleted on Friday

Comments

• Lol.

Still £400 odd up though?
  • £700 won
    £100 on 2 bets
    £100 at Bluewater
    £220 to rip off winch truck company

£280 but still f****** annoying. Why is it whenever you win it somewhere you lose it womewhere else. B*******
  • But if you wear white shoes you have got take your punishment.
  • Haha great story mate, unlucky on the second half

You didnt say wat other bets were?
  • Gillingham, MK Dons, Newcastle, Huddersfield and Swindon.

On the other bet i done 9 teams for £50, the only one that let me down was Man City and that would have been £5,500, however Norwich then lost later on so just glad Man City screwed that up or i would have been crying :~(
  • [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]Gillingham, MK Dons, Newcastle, Huddersfield and Swindon.

On the other bet i done 9 teams for £50, the only one that let me down was Man City and that would have been £5,500, however Norwich then lost later on so just glad Man City screwed that up or i would have been crying :~(

Blimey are u usually this good on your bets? if so i want tips in future! also why do you bet soo much on them '£50' where as most of us put £5 tops, are you a professional gambler
  • lol, no not at all, theres a few on here who know iv had a few disasters in the past. some would say "multi bets dont pay" but not on this occasion. Basically victor chandler were doing an offer of matching your first bet, so i got a free £50 bet
  • How ironic is that!

I DJ'd a surprise 30th birthday party Saturday night. The doors that you normally offload the gear through had been taped up and blacked out by the family so that the girl couldn't see through the windows when she got out of the car. This meant I had to drive round the other side of the venue onto the grassed area and offload there. It peed down all night and it was a bog by the time to re-load the van. I made the decision to drive off while the van was empty and load from the other doors. After reading of Choice's night, I'm so glad I did now otherwise I would be telling the same story!
  • 10.00am - Have to get up early as my PAT tester is coming at 11am
    Is this what you need to pass before you can pet a dog?
  • edited December 2009
    You're pissed off at shelling out £220 to get out of the grassed area?

Imagine how the owners/users/neighbours of that grass area felt next morning looking at what 3 heavy vehicles did to it in the middle of the night ......? I bet that morass that's now unrecognisable and looks like its being prepared for landscaping, will take weeks and cost much more than £220 to put right !!

;o)