Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thankyou Charlton

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
I attended the Northwich-Lincoln match today, and was told that Charlton waived their match fees in our FA cup encounter. If that is subesequently confirmed, then I think that is one magnanimous gesture that has assisted in us (hopefully) getting out of admin in the next few days.
On behalf of NVFC and their fans, thankyou to Charlton and their fans!

Comments

• Options
    Aah well, maybe the FA Cup does have some magic left after all.
    Good luck mate.
  • Options
    That sounds pretty charlton. And long may that continue. Despite what divvy gills fans say, we always have an affinity with clubs in trouble. Mainly as we've had worse!
    Nice one charlton. Good luck nvfc
  • Options
    I hope you kept the receipt...
  • Options
    "Everyone likes us
    everyone likes us
    everyone likes us
    'cause we're nice..........."
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]"Everyone likes us
    everyone likes us
    everyone likes us
    'cause we're nice..........."[/quote] lol
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]"Everyone likes us
    everyone likes us
    everyone likes us
    'cause we're nice..........."[/quote]

One for the 19th?
  • Options
    Charlton waived their match fees in our FA cup encounter
    Is there some official confirmation of this? I really hope it's true, it would be a terrific story.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Budgie doesn't like us (even though he always on here) probably won't read this thread as he only ever comments on threads that involve Palace!!

I would like to think that Charlton are this generous (we certainly were in the match anyway!)
    All the best to Northwich Victoria FC and their fans.
  • Options
    It wouldnt have been the first time for our club to assist another.

Very Charlton.
  • Options
    Good thing if true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably being silly but.. 'Match Fee's'?
  • Options
    45% of the gate money I think.
    (The 2 teams get 45% each & 10% goes to the FA).
  • Options
    If true it restores my pride in us, pity the performance lost it in the first place.
  • Options
    Am I alone in hoping this isn't true ?

We are in a perillous position and losing money hand over fist. Nice gesture and all that, but you make nice gestures when you are sound yourself. We need the money just as much as northwich.

Can't see it being true.
  • Options
    SiSi
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]We need the money just as much as northwich.

This is hardly true.

I doubt the match fee was much, so I think it was a gesture worth making.
  • Options
    AFKA, I was wondering the same thing, but at the same time, wonder if a host (apparently in every complimentary sense of the word) club in greater need, coupled with what sounds like a truly abject performance, makes this a very appropriate gesture. Maybe it's as simpe as we didn't earn it, and they did!

Even if not true, the mere fact that the rumour started reflects well on our club...there are other unnamed clubs that would never be the subject of a such a rumour!
  • Options
    It's be quite interesting to find out. Gate receipts can't be much more than £50,000; £22,500 being our slice. If it did happen then let's face it it's a gesture from the chairmen's back pocket. Something one has to impressed by.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]

This is hardly true.

[cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]It's be quite interesting to find out. Gate receipts can't be much more than £50,000; £22,500 being our slice. If it did happen then let's face it it's a gesture from the chairmen's back pocket. Something one has to impressed by.
    If true, I don't mind us passing on the share of the gate receipts - what I hope we didn't pass on was the share of the TV money!!!
  • Options
    One feels that Richard Murray would have touched upon this at the recent Valley meeting...he didn't mention it.
  • Options
    TAKEOVER!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The attendance for the Vics-Charlton match was only 2300, average ticket price is £12, so the total gate receipts would not exceed £27600. Therefore the Charlton 'cut' would have been/or is £12500.
    I will let you know if I get it confirmed - maybe I will find out a bit more at our home match on Tuesday night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]It's be quite interesting to find out. Gate receipts can't be much more than £50,000; £22,500 being our slice. If it did happen then let's face it it's a gesture from the chairmen's back pocket. Something one has to impressed by.

I hope it came out the pockets of the players.
  • Options
    Sad truth is 12500 is probably macleods wedge for a month and seeing as we fined him for his elbow that's where it came from.....
    Maybe
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Am I alone in hoping this isn't true ?

We are in a perillous position and losing money hand over fist. Nice gesture and all that, but you make nice gestures when you are sound yourself. We need the money just as much as northwich.

Can't see it being true.

Couldn't agree more it would be lovely to be in a position to be able to waive such fee's but the reality is we're not. We do not have the money of the likes of man city so every penny we get should be used for keeping the strongest team we can. Not helping someone else survive,i know this sounds harsh but how comforted would you fell knowing we have to sell our best players but at least we helped NVFC. Good luck to them but i dont see why we should help them
  • Options
    Unc........
    using the "we" again !
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Unc........
    using the "we" again !
    ;-)

Ha ha ha sorry YOU'S lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]

This is hardly true.

Would Chelsea make the same gesture if they were playing us ??? I think we all know the answer to that..... Sorry Mogs YOU'S ha ha
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]"Everyone likes us
    everyone likes us
    everyone likes us
    'cause we're nice..........."

That's great!

I did think about our own finances, but it would've been more than appropriate for it to come out of players' wages, and not just McLeod.
  • Options
    Didn't we do NV enough of a favour by playing like they were the ful time pros and we were the semi-pros?
  • Options
    I'm soft enough to hope the gesture is true.
    Help any club in distress except millwall and palace.