Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Youga's injury

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Nothing on the OS.

Experience tells me that when it all goes quiet it tends to be a bad one.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Comments

• It was mentioned in a Newshopper article yesterday, following on from Breaker's press conference (which is on the OS's audio), where he said that it wasn't as bad as first thought. But you're right, nothing since then, so he's probably dead.
  • Hope he gets better can well do without him going missing.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    But you're right, nothing since then, so he's probably dead

Shame. Good job we've got Omo, then,
  • Well Omo's ok to a certain extent oggy hes not amazing though is he :-)
  • My experience of Charlton injuries is that a player with a slight knock is usually out for a minimum of 2 months and in some cases longer. Other clubs however have players who seem to miraculously recover in less time than they should. Example - Lampard. Out for a minimum of 3 weeks, suddenly he's fit again in 10 days. If that was us with say Bailey, we wouldn't see him until January.
  • Young player though, Rupert ......not really played all season, bit too anxious to do well

Didn't you think his clearance off the line was brilliant positional play and timing, even though I didn't see it....?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]My experience of Charlton injuries is that a player with a slight knock is usually out for a minimum of 2 months and in some cases longer. Other clubs however have players who seem to miraculously recover in less time than they should. Example - Lampard. Out for a minimum of 3 weeks, suddenly he's fit again in 10 days. If that was us with say Bailey, we wouldn't see him until January.

You're sounding like a Tottenham mate of mine there ;-)
  • Yea your right cant be too critical of the guy as he has only just stared i have no idea were he came from someone must know though? Yea clearence of the line was good positoning from the boy but with that sort of thing theres always abit of luck involved i think.

But yea as hes young and not really played cant be to critical yet. I will be after he scores the own goal in the 90th minuet which leads to a 2-1 loss to Millwall :-)
  • Omo's a free agent, Rupert ......his contract at Fulham finished in the summer, but Fulham as his last club hold his playing registration.
  • When he got subbed he didn't go straight down the tunnel like most do when they're injured.

He just say on the bench so hopefully he'll be back soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]When he got subbed he didn't go straight down the tunnel like most do when they're injured.

He just say on the bench so hopefully he'll be back soon.

Yes that surprised me too but the lack of any further comment following his scan is still worrying
  • season changing injury this could well be

start with omunuzi at Brighton and we may as well just give them the three points
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]season changing injury this could well be

start with omunuzi at Brighton and we may as well just give them the three points
    Just like Bristol Rovers came back and won the game soon as he stepped onto the pitch...?
  • he was awful against Rovers and away from home will cause nothing but problems.
  • i'm not one to jump on anti player bandwagons, and I've only seen him once, but I will make one observation that at Northwich (I know we don't like to be reminded of that) Omosuzi was constantly being told what to do and where to go by Parky and didn't appear to know it on his own. I appreciate he's young and eager to impress but I think we're all hoping Youga and Richardson are back asap.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Omo's a free agent, Rupert ......his contract at Fulham finished in the summer, but Fulham as his last club hold his playing registration.

O right fair enough.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: tricky[/cite]i'm not one to jump on anti player bandwagons, and I've only seen him once, but I will make one observation that at Northwich (I know we don't like to be reminded of that) Omosuzi was constantly being told what to do and where to go by Parky and didn't appear to know it on his own. I appreciate he's young and eager to impress but I think we're all hoping Youga and Richardson are back asap.[/quote]

Just like Youga was coached by Dailly and Parkinson throughout the matches during the early part of the season.

I thought Mooney's commenst on joining as a loanee were quite poignant, considering the different ways that they each were introduced into the team.

"The three games I had coming off the bench when I first arrived may have helped a bit. Rather than being thrown straight in it was more of a gradual introduction and hopefully I'm reaping the benefits on the pitch."
  • Anyone know an update on this?
    We badly need him back.
  • On another thread someone spoke to him recently in the car park, said injury was very frustrating and return at least 4 weeks away.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]On another thread someone spoke to him recently in the car park, said the potholes were very frustrating and hoped they'd be fixed soon.

Amended for accuracy.