Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal game expectations

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Are you expecting the same formation ?

What personnel changes are you expecting ?

Results on Saturday giving you confidence / fearing a backlash ?

Score prediction ?

Comments

• Options
    Think we'll go to win, Pards has a good record against Arsenal, if we go and play high paced pressure game like Sheffield United did, I think we'll get something
  • Options
    we're gonna get hammered, there'll be a backlash and wenger will be looking to turn the screw on pardew
  • Options
    at most im thinking a draw.. Id imagine we'll play 4-5-1 with a midfield of rommedahl thomas holland reid and kishishev with big bent up on his own. i really hope im proved wrong though and we get the win.. i have a bet on the draw and the win so if either come in ill be happy..
  • Options
    There'll be 2,900 Addicks there and if they get behind the team in the same way as they did against Villa in the second half, and keep it going, who knows what a lift that could give the players. Sounds like Benty could be out so I'd play Marcus up front with Dennis playing just behind him and pack the midfield with Holland, Hughes, Ambrose and Kishischev
  • Options
    "we're gonna get hammered, there'll be a backlash and wenger will be looking to turn the screw on pardew "

Yep. Unfortunately I fear that Arsenal will be up for us following defeat at Sheffield.

3-0
  • Options
    Cannot see anything other than a home win, just hope we keep it close for as long as possible, as a hiding will fracture what confidence the players do have at the moment.
  • Options
    Arsenal have become more comfortable at the Emirates as the season progresses and it will depend which Arsenal team takes to the field tonight; the prima donnas or the excellent football team. It will be difficult enough coping with their prima donnas and its is likely to be a night of chasing shadows. We certainly need plenty of luck to either get a draw let alone a win but Mrs Luck is not really with us at the moment. I think we will do well if the score is kept down to 2 goals.
  • Options
    I'm expecting little result wise, you're more likely to find a clean sheet in a brothel !

The size and quality of the pitch will be too much in Arsenal's favour against us. I simply don't think we have the legs to play a high tempo game against them, the last two games saw a big increase in work rate and i fear that will take its toll tonight, a few more days recovery then it might be a bit different.

Asrenal's movement from midfield is the thing i am most concerned about. Forwards drop off and midfielders get behind the back four. If its HH and Borat paired again, i'm quite fearful as they are both prone to being dragged out of position. I would seriously consider bringing in Fortune for this one.

I think Pards will go with 4-4-2 though, JFH in for Benty, Hughes in Kish, and Denise in for Thomas.
  • Options
    One thing if i was Pardew i would really press home in my team talk is to really make it tough in the first twenty. Arsenal aren't the most vociferous of grounds and if we can frustrate them for the first part of the game, i expect the crowd to start getting restless and on their backs a bit, particularly after the Sheff U result.

Don't normally agree with this approach, but this is definately a game we should go into with a set game plan.

Remember a point tonight would be a bonus point.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, Arsenal's pace and movement will cause us too many problems.....I predict 3-0 to the Arse...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will get the backlash and if Henry plays I expect him to get the customary 2 goals against us.

Their midfield will be too quick for us.

I would be tempted to put Romm up front in place of Bent rather than piggybank. He wont get much change out of Clichy and would rather he was running at Senderos with pace, if not then go 4-5-1 but the only problem with that is that Marcus Bent is lazier than that Keith Miller out of Eastenders.

2-0 Arsenal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]
    I would be tempted to put Romm up front in place of Bent rather than piggybank. He wont get much change out of Clichy and would rather he was running at Senderos with pace, if not then go 4-5-1 but the only problem with that is that Marcus Bent is lazier than that Keith Miller out of Eastenders.
    2-0 Arsenal.

think thats a bit harsh considering marcus bent's body/attitude transplant since everton at home. he's found some hunger recently that i think makes him deserve a place in the starting line up for defo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]he's found some hunger recently

that'll be down to Jimmy nicking all the pies at Sparrows Lane...
  • Options
    Much to reidy's disgust eh
  • Options
    My prediction..........I predict a riot! (goal riot that is). Sorry folks.

But after the shambolic display by the Ammers at the weekend I am now thinking you might be the team that gets out of trouble at the last minute. There always seems to be one who escapes (and yes it's never Palace).