Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life STATBANK player of the month awards

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Only three league games played this month, Nicky Bailey played them all and has the highest average rating of 8.31 - a fair way ahead of the runner-ups Sam and Burton both averaging 7.64.

The other players to average > 7 are Basey, Semedo, Mooney, Dailly and Youga.

August (wwwww)
JOSÉ SEMEDO- played 5, average=7.83, total=39.15

September (wddwld) - KELLY YOUGA- played 5, average=7.03, total=35.13

October(ddwdl)
SAM SODJE
played 4, average=7.31, total=29.24

November (wdw)
NICKY BAILEY - played 3, average=8.31, total=24.93

Comments

• Six league games played this month making it the busiest of the season. Nicky Bailey played them all and has the highest average rating of 7.48 - not too far behind are Jose Semedo and Sam Sodje.

The three worst rated players for December were Burton, Sam and Wagstaff.

December(wwwddd)
    NICKY BAILEY - played 6, average=7.48, total=44.86
  • Player of the half-season:
    JOSÉ SEMEDO
    played 19, average=7.29

goals=1, red cards=0, yellow cards=6, average points per game when starting=2.11

Runners-up are Sam Sodje (p=10, avg=7.07, goals=3, red cards=2) and Nicky Bailey (p=24, avg=7.03, goals=9, red cards=0) - although I'd say Sodje is lucky he didn't get a punative statbank rating for Swindon game like Burton did.
  • The stats are all well and good, and I enjoy contributing to them and reading them.

However, my clear choice as player of the half season is Christian Dailly, and I'm not sure he's even won an indidivual man of the match award yet!
  • I'd probably agree!
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I'd probably agree!

Same here, apart from one game he has been consistently good, never the star but still enough to be my player of the season so far.
  • He's the player that has helped other players perform.
  • Semedo we miss him big time when hes out, more than we miss most others i would say.
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Semedo we miss him big time when hes out, more than we miss most others i would say.

We're missing Dailly at the moment. Semedo did OK covering at CB at Brentford - but then we missed him in the midfield! We now have a clear first choice spine to the team in Dailly - Semedo - Bailey - Burton, and will miss any one of those players more than others. Recent form has sufffered a bit because of that. If Dailly can be fit for Hartlepool, we'll have the spine back together.
  • Despite criticism from Lifers, I can't help notice that we play better as a team with Llera at the back. Despite being probably our least mobile defender, he draws the back line upfield whereas Dailly (even with his better defensive qualities) is the 1st to drop deep and stays there. It seems we do less defending with Llera, even though he may be prone to more errors.

Perhaps with Sodje's poor judgement we should go back to Dailly/LLera and playing the ball out from the back.
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Despite criticism from Lifers, I can't help notice that we play better as a team with Llera at the back.
    Definately.

I'd agree Sodje's tackles are either poorly judged or erratic at times and he is lucky he didnt get sent off for treading on that players hand recently! I mean I love you Sodje but calm it down fella!
  • Sponsored links:

• As good as his goal was against Swindon, i still dont rate Llera and feel more confident when Sodje is partnering Dailly.
  • A question...

Will there be an official Charlton Life PoTY award that will be presented to the player who wins?
  • i'd agree with the stats semedo has been our best player, like makalele was at chelsea. unsung but does all the dirty work, our results are better with then without and seem to be the biggest person we miss even though CM is probably our strongest area if that makes sense
  • edited February 2010
    [edit]
    Four league games were played in January, Bailey and Richardson have scores from all four games and the equal highest average of 6.44 - however I'm not sure Richardson should have had a score from the Wycombe game since he played less than 30mins - either way he has played less minutes. So, assuming my calculations are correct second time round, then Nicky Bailey is the January Statbank player of the month

January (wwld)
    NICKY BAILEY - played 4, average=6.44, total=25.74
  • Reid only played in 2 games
  • His stats are still better though.
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Reid only played in 2 games

Thought this was right! Was starting to think I'd missed a game!
  • Cant really go to Reid, played 2 games out of 4 not really player of the month tbh but keep it up lad and win febs
  • oops - sorry - deleted the stats as well, will have to work out afresh!
  • Thats alright salad we will let you of this time!! just dont do it again ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• redone, hopefully better!
  • This is the first time Salads stats have come under scrutiny . I still make Salads stats 74% more reliable than AFKas
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]So, assuming my calculations are correct second time round, then Nicky Bailey is the January Statbank player of the month

January (wwld)
    NICKY BAILEY- played 4, average=6.44, total=25.74

Funny thing is, Bailey's has not really been firing on all 4 cylinders for the Orient and Tranmere matches, but overall still scores more points than others.

Why didn't Sam win it ....?

;o)