Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Whats in store for January? Incomings and out-goings

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
i have a feeling this could be a very busy january for our lot their is the possible outgoings of: Dickson, Fleetwood mac, Macleod(if we can find anyone to take him of our hands), possibly few others which we would rather not be sold eg. shelvey, bailey
Also wat do we predict for current loanees Ikeme, Omo, Mooney, Holden?? will we sign any permanent? extend loans or send them back where they came from!
alot of this may depend on pending takeovers etc but surely if we sell anyone we can then sign someone but maybe for a bit less
if we have funds who would you realistically like us to sign? obv only ppl who you think would sign for charlton so no silly ones like ronaldo plz

I know its a month and a bit to go but thought be good talking point

Comments

• Who's Busy Janruary is he any good? ;o)
  • My take is that we will extend the loans of Mooney and Sodje and let the others go.

I think we sell McLeod, Dickson and Mootakil and extend fleetwoods loan with exeter as well as loaning out some peripherals such as Sinclair and possibly Spring.

No incomings.
  • I couldnt get beyond the title!
  • lol how do i change title name just realised oops
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]My take is that we will extend the loans of Mooney and Sodje and let the others go.

I think we sell McLeod, Dickson and Mootakil and extend fleetwoods loan with exeter as well as loaning out some peripherals such as Sinclair and possibly Spring.

No incomings.

Would be happy enough with that although would still like another CH and a left sided player.

Seems Holden's not going to be kept but maybe Halliday will come on trial.

Think Spring is a decent squad player but saves on wages I guess.
  • Loans in our division in last 10 days.

24 November

Scott Malone [Wolves - Southend] Loan
    Rhys Murphy [Arsenal - Brentford] Loan
    Nigel Quashie [West Ham - MK Dons] Loan

23 November

Onome Sodje [Barnsley - Oxford] Loan
    What was Parky thinking letting this one slip thru the net : - )

20 November

Gareth Ainsworth [QPR - Wycombe] Loan
    Pat Baldwin [Colchester - Bristol Rovers] Loan
    Pim Balkestein [Ipswich - Brentford] Loan
    Wojciech Szczesny [Arsenal - Brentford] Loan

14 November

Sean Morrison [Swindon - Southend] Loan
    Akpo Sodje [Sheff Wed - Charlton] Loan
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]lol how do i change title name just realised oops

Click on edit
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Nigel Quashie [West Ham - MK Dons] Loan

Relegation for Franchise FC then.
  • good thread JohnnyBev. Call me controversial.. what happens if we get a bid in for Shelvey at say £8 million? Do we take it and keep finances clear and invest in Mooney, Sodje and purchaes 2-3 other players to confirm our promotion push??

The thing that would worry me if say Newcastle put in a bid for Lloyd Sam for £5 million? Do we take it an use the money wisely?? Whilst Shelvey has got potential (yes potential), at this moment in time (and no I am not knocking Shelvey) but he is contribtuing very little to the team at the mo. Compare that to Bowyer when he came in.

If Parky is astute as he is with his loan signings.. I can one or 2 going in order to brng 1 or 2 in... or make the loanees permanent (depending of it Reading and Sheff Wed) are prepared to let them go for fees......

When I was at Lennies Q&A session 3 weeks ago, he confirmed he was confident that a deal would be done for Dickson but it would depend on Charlton. That said, recent reports of Dickson at Bristol Rovers from their fans suggest he is hopeless !!
  • Think your prices are quite high tbh Mr Rudnik, but thanks :-)

Good points raised there maybe 5million for shelvey would be enough & sam a couple million, think would be too big to resist & im sure we could get adequate cover for both but team is settled at mo so would rather we not decide anything till end of the season. Shelvey i do think will be a big part in us going up still and i want to hold onto as long as we can as he is destined for a big club in the future

I personally think we should Keep Mooney & A Sodje but maybe just on loan till end of season and we know what division we will be in

As for sales, Dicko wud be 50/50, fleetwood probably 50/50 too. i hope bailey doesnt go as he will be vital for us going up as he has shown in recent games now that he is back on his normal match winning form since he has gone back to CM
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]good thread JohnnyBev. Call me controversial.. what happens if we get a bid in for Shelvey at say £8 million? Do we take it and keep finances clear and invest in Mooney, Sodje and purchaes 2-3 other players to confirm our promotion push??

The thing that would worry me if say Newcastle put in a bid for Lloyd Sam for £5 million? Do we take it an use the money wisely?? Whilst Shelvey has got potential (yes potential), at this moment in time (and no I am not knocking Shelvey) but he is contribtuing very little to the team at the mo. Compare that to Bowyer when he came in.

If Parky is astute as he is with his loan signings.. I can one or 2 going in order to brng 1 or 2 in... or make the loanees permanent (depending of it Reading and Sheff Wed) are prepared to let them go for fees......

When I was at Lennies Q&A session 3 weeks ago, he confirmed he was confident that a deal would be done for Dickson but it would depend on Charlton. That said, recent reports of Dickson at Bristol Rovers from their fans suggest he is hopeless !!

I think time has led a touch of rose tintedness possibly re Bowyer.

As I recall there were long spells in matches where he was anonymous or the game passed him by. However that was all forgotten because he was invariably able to chip in with a goal at a time we struggled to score many.

Jonjo has had his anonymous spells but had Mooney not inadvertently got in the way of that shot last night I doubt that many would be questioning his contribution in the way that they have.

Few of us had internet access when Bowyer was a boy either. I suspect he would have attracted his share of negative comments just as JJ has from some.
  • I think in the new year that one or two of the Prem teams will let some of their fringe players go out on loan. Spurs have just let Brentford take Bostock for example and Arsenal always seem to have one or two promising youngsters who they are happy to allow out to gain experience.

I'd like to see a left-sided midfielder come in and some defensive cover. Going out...Fleetwood, Dickson, Moo2 and McLeod could go and i'd like to see Mooney and Akpo Sodje sign full-time, but certainly until the end of the season.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think in the new year that one or two of the Prem teams will let some of their fringe players go out on loan. Spurs have just let Brentford take Bostock for example and Arsenal always seem to have one or two promising youngsters who they are happy to allow out to gain experience.

Since taking Bostock, Brentford have 'captured' 3 further loan signings.

Also see that Nigel Quasie has been borrowed from the Scamsters by MKD.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I think time has led a touch of rose tintedness possibly re Bowyer.

As I recall there were long spells in matches where he was anonymous or the game passed him by. However that was all forgotten because he was invariably able to chip in with a goal at a time we struggled to score many.

Jonjo has had his anonymous spells but had Mooney not inadvertently got in the way of that shot last night I doubt that many would be questioning his contribution in the way that they have.

Few of us had internet access when Bowyer was a boy either. I suspect he would have attracted his share of negative comments just as JJ has from some.

Also unfair in that Shelvey hasn't had a run in central midfield, his best position. Playing behind Burton worked for a while, but at times we needed and will need pace or something different there. He's clearly not a wide player either.
  • Cash is King & not many Championship sides or heaven forbid League One sides have the money for the likes of Bailey / Shelvey & neither is in the Premier League Category so think we'll be ok till the summer on these, after that is another story. Going out time to say thank you but goodbye to McShirt Off & Dickson, would recall Mootakill as Backup for Richardson.

I'd by happy to keep who we have on loan (Sodje / Mooney / Ikeme) & get a genuine Left footer like that Noone who played for Exeter against us, think he's on loan from Plymouth or such like.
  • Shame that Mckenzie has been injured so much as he can play wide left.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]would recall Mootakill as Backup for Richardson.

Moo2 is on large wages so can't see him being recalled especially as only a backup. Can't see Moo2 ever wearing a Charlton shirt again
  • If you HAD to get rid of one of, Shelvey or Racon who would you choose?
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]If you HAD to get rid of one of, Shelvey or Racon who would you choose?

Assuming we were guaranteed to keep Semedo and Bailey as well as Shelvey I'd get rid of Racon.

Note: I say this purely in the context of your question I DON'T want Racon to leave in case the thought police strike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]If you HAD to get rid of one of, Shelvey or Racon who would you choose?

Right now - Shelvey, we'd get good money for him which would ease the blow, I'd keep Racon because he is likely to offer more in terms of this season's objective which is promotion.
  • Sponsored links:

its very 50/50 if was a choice would be watever you get better money / value to team so bit of a hard one to call. dont even know which of the two wud rather in the squad as they are very differet playa's both i feel are vital for us to go up

on the moo2 front i'd love us to keep him but cant see why he would be on high wages? as he was a youngster when in premiership surely not on more then 4k no?
    i'd put him infront of richardson personally but for some reason(which apparentally is off field) he just hasnt hit of with charlton so will probably go :-*
  • Danny Butterfield.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]

on the moo2 front i'd love us to keep him but cant see why he would be on high wages? as he was a youngster when in premiership surely not on more then 4k no?
    i'd put him infront of richardson personally but for some reason(which apparentally is off field) he just hasnt hit of with charlton so will probably go :-*[/quote]

Have you forgotten Christensen's wages? They were signed at the same time by Pardew, when we had two years of parachute payments to spunk away. Plus there were loads of massive clubs interested supposedly like Barcelona, Celtic, so I imagine for us he'll be on very large wages.
  • Also, you have to think why we didn't move Moo2 on in the summer. The club would love to be shot of him and would have let him go on a free. I'm speculating, but I suspect the reason why he's still with us is that nobody would take on his wage. He was a more established player than Christiansen I'd be astonished if he wasn't on a substantial salary.
  • If we get offered silly money for anyone who we probably wouldn't consider a key memebr of the first XI (I'm thinking Shelvey is most likely here) then I'd take it - especially if it was the sort of money that would allow us to buy, say, Mooney, Akpodje and left mid a centre half and still have some spare change to balance the books a bit.

As far as we've been told, finances have been steadied for this season so unless the sale will have a positive impact 9like the one outlined above) or no less than a neutral one (e.g. selling Sinclair) Ithink we just say no deal and stick with what we have.