Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Night of The Proms

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Just to say that I'll be there. Hopefully borrowing a St George's Cross with the Charlton Badge on it - so keep your eyes open for it if you're staying in on saturday night.

Posh seats of course.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2006
    So you won't be bobbing up and down with the hoi polloi in the pit then? If you will pardon the expression!

Been there for the last night a few times in the past and it's a great occasion. Like anything else you can't capture the actual atmosphere on tv.
  • Options
    For what it's worth- I've actually performed in the Last Night of the Proms ( in a past life i was a professional musician)

Agree with sporaddick it's a great occaision, especially live, and in the centre- although musically it's not that great. Look out for some unsteadiness of the legs of some of the Orchestra- a trade secret here- it's a mammoth drink up for quite a few of the band. (allegedly!)

Enjoy!
  • Options
    Been three times before - twice as a promenader right at the front - normally followed by a trip down to Brighton and some skinny dipping in the Channel - but it's best bib and tucker for this Saturday. I'll be drinking with some of the 'band' later as I know a few of the BBC SO ruffians.

Don't forget to watch out for me singing the Toreador's Song.
  • Options
    blimey! i didn't realise how cultured everyone was on here. not that the last night of the proms is particularly cultured really.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    You're not the soloist then! ;-)

HtC- there's only marginally more culture in the LNOTP than a small pot of Danone
  • Options
    i love watching it on the telly, my work collegues are all going, but i'm away. i'd love to go and wave my flag for rule britannia!
  • Options
    I love watching it too - was trying to go this year, but have had to make do with going to the recording of "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?" instead!

Well...it kept the wife happy!
  • Options
    And you lot have the nerve to call us "nigels" ;-)
  • Options
    He has you lot there!!
  • Options
    Because you are NIGELS!!!!!!! hMMMPH .... why do people say Croydon is in South London?????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's called culture, Nigel.