Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Norwich to be deducted points?

Colchester have reported Norwich and Paul Lambert to the Football League for breaching regulations and misconduct over his move to Carrow Road.
Coaching staff Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa are also reported in the U's official complaint.
A club statement said Colchester had failed to agree a compensation package with the Canaries following the trio's departure in August.
A Football Disciplinary Commission will be set up to investigate the complaint.
The statement said: "The FDC has the power to award Colchester compensation and deduct points from Norwich, a remedy which we are advised might be particularly relevant in this case."
Colchester chairman Robbie Cowling said: "In the past the two clubs have always enjoyed an excellent relationship.
"During the time they were at Colchester United I had a first class relationship with Paul, Ian and Gary, who did a wonderful job for us.
"We have genuinely tried to preserve those good relations and it therefore saddens me that we feel compelled to take this step.
"However, no one should doubt the resolve of the Colchester United board to see a fair outcome from this matter."

Comments

• Why has it taken them until November to raise this issue? Lambert left Colchester after the first game didn't he?
  • i should think compensation is more likely and also fairer
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Why has it taken them until November to raise this issue? Lambert left Colchester after the first game didn't he?

"A club statement said Colchester had failed to agree a compensation package with the Canaries following the trio's departure in August."

Reads as if Norwich wouldn't pay what Col U wanted so now Col U have taken it further.

Deduct Norwich 10 points for poaching and Col U 3 for a frivolous appeal.

And dock Leeds some points cos we know Bates is a crook and MK Dons for not being a proper club while they are at it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

And dock Leeds some points cos we know Bates is a crook and MK Dons for not being a proper club while they are at it.

....... and it might be the only way we can guarantee promotion?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

....... and it might be the only way we can guarantee promotion?

;o)

I thought we were in a relegation fight???
  • Mid-table by Christmas I was told. Only 2nd by default : - 0
  • I know for a fact that the Norwich Chief Exec approached Ray Lewington initially and asked Ray to resign from Fulham so that he could then be appointed at Norwich. Ray, being the decent guy that he is, refused and told the Chief Exec to do it properly by approaching Fulham and offering compensation. Suffice to say Norwich declined to do this, Ray stayed at Fulham and hence the reason why Lambert did the dirty and walked out on Col U who now can't get Norwich to stump up some decent compensation. Wanted a Manager on the cheap, may turn out more expensive than they thought.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Why has it taken them until November to raise this issue? Lambert left Colchester after the first game didn't he?

Lambert and Co. walked out and ever since Col U have been negotiating with Narwich hoping to agree a reasonable settlement.
  • Even so, isn't there some legislation in FL rules that managers can only be approached through the proper procedure?

It's becoming apparent that Norwich failed to do this with both Fulham and Colchester.

So putting Colchester's compensation claim to one side for now - it also appears that the FL are keen to investigate a breach of their rules. And if Norwich are found guilty, that's what will get them punished or deducted points.
  • One has to expect Norwich to be top 3 at the end of the season - any points deduction would surely be no more than 3 points and I bet it would galvanize even more to stick two fingers up at the authorities .... so I reckon from our perspective better to leave them be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree with you, Salad ........ best to let the football do the talking.
  • If the Fulham story is true, and I have no reason to doubt LargeAddick, then that could be very interesting indeed.

I think normal rules apply. Two fines for Norwich - one to compensate Col U and another to the Football League or the FA - and 15 point deduction for Leeds.
  • I find it quite amusing that your hoping clubs have points deducted to give you a chance of promotion, pathetic really you should be pissing on us minnows lol after all you say we are not abig club anymore.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]I find it quite amusing that your hoping clubs have points deducted to give you a chance of promotion, pathetic really you should be pissing on us minnows lol after all you say we are not abig club anymore.

what on earth are you wittering on about? and why aren't you on a LUFC forum toasting another great win for your lot?

this is a thread that from what I can see is discussing a news issue, making light of deducting points from all our rivals to help our cause and coming up with the general conclusion that they will probably just get fined... the Leeds obsession with the Football League/Points deductions/conspiracies continues!