Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valencia "Tie Up" and those exiting the Valley

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
So, will we for once benefit from a useful loan signing or two from another of our international "tie ups", this time the pretty impressive Valencia? We could do with a Jorge Costa type defender right now and Valencia have a deep squad from which we could borrow. Can only be wage issues if we don't borrow anyone to help us out of our current problems.

Reg has all but said that some of ID's flops will be going this window, so my money would be on Pouso, Diawara, Faye, Sorondo and JFH to go. The only one that I am disappointed it didn't work out for is JFH who has scored some spectacular goals over the years, at least a couple of which I would have liked to witness watching him in CAFC colours this season. All we got to see of him was a spectacularly large arris, which we could've all lived without!

Comments

• Options
    I seriously doubt the club will simply write-off Diawara and Faye at this stage given that they cost a combined £6 million and we would have no hope of getting any of it back.
    Yes, Pardew will probably pull the plug on JFH, Sorondo and Whouso but we must not cut off our noses to spite our face and Faye could yet do a job as a centre-half whilst Diawara might be salvageable by Pardew.
    Don't forget, you can't force players out if they are under contract and Diawara and Faye could easily sit out 3 year deals on Prem wages anyway (like Bogarde at Chelsea) so its crazy to not try and turn them around.
  • Options
    Unlikely to sell Sorondo either seeing as he's injured.
  • Options
    sorondo was hardly a Dowie signing flop either - Curbs brought him in Dowie just decided to keep him.