Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robbie Savage

Derby County midfielder Robbie Savage suffered embarrassment after turning up at an airport where his side were due to fly to Amsterdam for a friendly with his wife's passport.

Looks like a bloody girl anyway :)

Comments

• His wife is probably embarassed as well. Now people know she's married to him.
  • They were playing a friendly with his wife's passport?
  • Is this geezer rapidly becoming the biggest C&%T on the box.

He just winds me up for some reason.
  • Is this geezer rapidly becoming the biggest C&%T on the box.

He just winds me up for some reason.

In short yes, he's just carrying in on from where he left off as a player :wink:
  • He's so shit. Would never got a job on Dky, but the national broadcaster seems to think it's ok to throw this clown fairly blanket coverage
  • He's so shit. Would never got a job on Dky, but the national broadcaster seems to think it's ok to throw this clown fairly blanket coverage

he MUST be getting shagged by or is shagging someone 'high up' in the BBC .. either that or he's Aunty's idea of a bloke who can 'get down with the common people' ..
  • I think hes great. In a world where a lot of fans are quick to jump on the bandwagon and slag players off, he is always able to counter what is going through a players mind through his own experiences. Never shirks a question.

Great on 606 with Darren Fletcher.
  • A Welsh friend of mine from the dim and distant past became a good friend of John Hartson when he played for Wimbledon, so much so that JH used to pay for him to come along to some Wales international matches. One night after a Welsh win he was in the hotel with the players after the game and celebrating along with them he got so drunk he couldn't stand up. It was Savage who looked after him and saw him safely into bed. He wouldn't have a bad word said about him as a person...
  • F*cking cant stand him
  • Sponsored links:

• Great video of Paul Scholes going round calling him a knobhead under his breath. Saw it on Facebook somewhere yesterday.
  • It's perfectly possible that he's a decent cove and I have it on reliable authority that when he first broke into the Leicester side in his early 20's he was quite the, ahem, "swordsman". As a pundit he stinks the place up really badly. I can't listen to 606 and if he appears on MOTD or MOTD2 etc I have to switch off cos he just spouts such utter utter drivel apparently trying to be contrary or inflammatory for which he simply doesn't have the grey matter.
  • I cannot think of any other person who causes such irritation within me as Robbie Savage does - just seeing his name written down makes me pretty bad tempered, seeing him on the telly makes me want to hurl myself through the window and then push shards of broken glass into my scrotum, just to distract me from my fury.

"But yerve not played the game", his frequent Radio Show repost - to people who have watched "the game" for longer than Robbie's been alive, and are now contributing to his salary involuntarily through their TV Licence Fee - when someone makes an intelligent point that he doesn't agree with but is unable to properly justify why.

When he's on the telly it's not just hearing his voice, you have to look at him as well - a man who clearly spends half his spare time buying terrible clothes and the other half combining said clothes together to create an outfit that makes him just that little bit more punchable.

You tell him Thierry - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYD67WvtWZ8
  • I can't stand this 'you've never played the game' nonsense. Look at Mark Warburton and how well he's done at Brentford. If Savage had the balls to try the same he wouldn't be sat in a comfy TV studio.
  • personally speaking I like him .He looks ,sounds and acts like a complete knob but i find him laughable and so he amuses me which is pretty much the point of him isn't it ? He also doesn't take himself too seriously (if he did i might think differently about him ) and most of the people that he winds up are Epsilon minus semi moron fans of big clubs in any event so that's fine by me .If however you were talking about that sanctimonious pain in the arse Alan Green then you might be on to something .
  • He's happy to play the pantomime villain which I'm fine with, but decidedly average at summary stuff, while doing his best to sound like, and convince himself that, he's an all knowing super brain. Whenever a caller on his show cuts through his thin layer of knowledge, he has to move on rather than engage the caller, because he simply can't.
  • Great video of Paul Scholes going round calling him a knobhead under his breath. Saw it on Facebook somewhere yesterday.

I dislike Scholes way more than Savage. The more that miserable know-it-all whines in public, the more I wish he was still that guy who kept his mouth shut.
  • edited February 2015
    Never forgiven him for his role in getting Steve Brown sent off in the infamous catalogues on the pitch game!
    Yes we know you were paid to play football but you were a useless annoying irritant on the pitch and you're doing the same on national radio and telly
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Great video of Paul Scholes going round calling him a knobhead under his breath. Saw it on Facebook somewhere yesterday.

I dislike Scholes way more than Savage. The more that miserable know-it-all whines in public, the more I wish he was still that guy who kept his mouth shut.
    I like Scholes - talks sense and doesn't mind annoying people so is actually honest, unlike a lot of ex-pro pundits worried about criticising their mates.
  • I don't mind Robbie at all, I find him quietly amusing. I wish he'd played for us and I'd also be very happy to have half his hair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also, Scholes was world-class. Savage was an average Premier League player.
  • Scholes comes across as pretty obnoxious, whereas Savage is utterly vain and self-obsessed.
    I once heard Savage trying to justify players high wages in a way that made him sound really thick. Also didn't he move from Birmingham to Blackburn so he could be nearer Wales?
  • edited February 2015
    Uboat said:

Scholes comes across as pretty obnoxious, whereas Savage is utterly vain and self-obsessed.
    I once heard Savage trying to justify players high wages in a way that made him sound really thick. Also didn't he move from Birmingham to Blackburn so he could be nearer Wales?

He's from North Wales so Blackburn is nearer to his 'roots' .. (not the black ones showing through his blondie rinse) .. I wish he'd go back there and find a nice job on Cymru kiddies TV or whatever.
    Talking of high wages, Thierry Henry is on a reported salary of £4 MILLION p.a. @ Sky .. not bad for an another arrogant ex kicker who struggles to speak English
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Great video of Paul Scholes going round calling him a knobhead under his breath. Saw it on Facebook somewhere yesterday.

I like Scholes - talks sense and doesn't mind annoying people so is actually honest, unlike a lot of ex-pro pundits worried about criticising their mates.
    I'm happy for him to talk straight, but he only knows how to criticise, and particularly in his newspaper column, compare everyone else to himself and his teams.

I also think muttering 'knobhead' on air, no matter who it's about, is cheap an unprofessional. But as he's regarded as a world class player, he seems to think it's ok.
  • The guy is so annoying and dumb. Watching Villa Leicester, Shay Given makes a fantastic save, Savage describes it by saying "Given dives to his... (pause) side". He couldn't work it out.
  • He kept going on about Leicester should go for it so they brought on Ulloa for one of their three centre backs.

Couple if minutes later Villa scored and he says that the shot would have been blocked by the centre back they just took off.

• Don't mind him on 606 but as a match commentator he is junk.