Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone off to or already in Doha

edited November 2009 in Other Football and Sports
Know there is a couple of England fans who enjoy England away on the forum just wondered if anyone was going, is there or know people who are there already and what its like if i was in my England following days still i would have loved to go somewere like this different init and an interesting place i can imagine too. Or with the crunch game at the Valley 2mos are most people staying for that i know i am but i gave england up after Germany 2006.

Comments

• Options
    few of my mates "cafc fans" are going
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite] but i gave england up after Germany 2006.

Forever or.....?
  • Options
    just when daddy stopped paying for the trips :-)

Someone is definately out in Doha, as the forum has been read by someone out there almost every day for the last month.
  • Options
    Nope, a bit too much dosh after the Ukraine trip and I wouldn't go on principal anyway, I really think the moneygrabbers at the FA have screwed over the Fans again on this... a world cup in South Africa, a group that's taken us to Kazak and the far east Ukraine, plus Belarus and Croatia on midweek, Belarus was £65 just for a visa from memory, and what do they do? Arrange a friendly that everyone will pull out of (and they have) in Qatar... in it for the fans they are!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]few of my mates "cafc fans" are going

Not too many in the Anchor tomorrow then.
  • Options
    I'm out here, just been for a nose round the ground.

Met a few cafc out here in the bar last night
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    Someone is definately out in Doha, as the forum has been read by someone out there almost every day for the last month.

Qatar Napsy perhaps?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

That'll be me then.....Based out here for the last 18 months, theres 56 of us going tomorrow.............decent sporting events dont come round too often here!!!!!!!
    Where u staying in Doha.....Sheraton or Ramada im guessing for the bars??
  • Options
    Was thinking of going to Doha as an alternative to Dubai or Abu Dhabi.

Anyone out there stayed at Ritz Carlton or Grand Hyatt?

I guess the players are staying at Four Seasons.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]but i gave england up after Germany 2006.

Forever or.....?

Na not forever never say never but wont go to any home matches but poss a few away if a few of the lads talked me into it. Southernaddick wots the ground like? I saw a bit on SSN looked ok but i have never bin a fan of half stadiums with massive running tracks round them.

*EDIT* You know sort of half bowl shaped.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    this time last year i would have been working out there. Use to drive past the stadium every night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hornchurch[/cite]Was thinking of going to Doha as an alternative to Dubai or Abu Dhabi.

Anyone out there stayed at Ritz Carlton or Grand Hyatt?

I guess the players are staying at Four Seasons.

The England squad are staying at the Grand Hyatt, Brazil are in 4 Seasons or Intercon.
  • Options
    Why are we playing in Doha?
  • Options
    Money