Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyrics you've got wrong

1235»

Comments

• Jose Semedo
    ex Charlton player
    Would never have guessed that. Bizarre choice of player for the song considering he left 8 years ago and was a different type of player to Aribo anyway...
  • He was good, but not as good as Aribo.
  • What a photograph... stick in the family OUR BUM!
  • The Fall - Athlete Cured

These are the real lyrics, "The German athletic star was continually ill". My misapprehension will be easy to guess.
  • Stig said:
    The Fall - Athlete Cured

These are the real lyrics, "The German athletic star was continually ill". My misapprehension will be easy to guess.
    Nope, not easy. not a scooby.
  • Always thought that Hendrix's 'Wind Cries Mary' contained the line 'the jets are in their boxes'.  Closer inspection reveals the jacks are in their boxes.  Shame really as it destroys my smart arse observance.

• A friend of mine thought Bangles were singing:
    'Just another man named Monday'
  • tom_k said:
    My Mrs thought "papa don't preach" by Madonna was Poppadom preach!
    When my sister and I were kids and this came on the radio we used to sing poppadom feet! 🙂
  • although I try to hide it, its clear, I wear goggles when you are not near

- Macy Gray - I Try

• Danepak said:
    A friend of mine thought Bangles were singing:
    'Just another man named Monday'
    Yeh right.......when the song is actually called "Manic Monday"   or did they think the song was also called "man named Monday"
  • Sponsored links:

• Nirvana - On A Plain

”Sir Ranulph Fiennes, who don’t make sense” - I used to wonder what they had against Ranulph Fiennes. To be honest I was mostly surprised that Cobain had even heard of him. 

Turned out he was singing “to write off lines that don’t make sense” which is far less interesting but a lot more logical really. 
  • My sister-in-law (as a teenager) for many months sang 'well I hurdled through the grapevine'

real lyric is of course 'well I heard it on the grapevine...'

It still hurts her 45 years later when mentioned.....!

• The Specials - Long Shot Kick De Bucket. I always thought it was Long Shot Sticky Monkey. And frankly, my lyrics are better.
  • Search "jewels remain" on Twitter - a lot of people never knew it's "Jules Rimet still gleaming".