Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyrics you've got wrong

Comments

• Options
    I cant remember the actual song maybe @stackitsteve can.

But growing up our grandad used to sing
    Hoover, go out and get your hoover instead of the actual lyrics

He also used to sing My ears are alite instead of The Israelites
  • Options
    I used to sing

I'm a bee, i'm a bee up in town, i'm a bee up in town, i'm a bee up in town.

Instead of

I'm blue da ba dee da ba daa
    Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa
  • Options
    Don’t know if So Lonely by The Police has already been covered, but the chorus always sounded to me like they were singing about former news reader Sue Lawley.
  • Options
    UB40 - I am a one inch hen.
    Glen Campbell. I'm a nine stone cowboy.
  • Options
    In Ariana Grande's current single 'Thank You Next' me and my boys sing either 'Bacon Eggs' or 'Break your Your Legs'
  • Options
    I remember my dad lecturing me on how unnecessary the swearing was in Rock the Casbah, until I explained that is was Rock and not F**k
  • Options
    cabbles said:

This bit from bat out of hell

"On a silver-black phantom bike"

I heard 'like a cilla black fan on ice"

I mean what the actual fuck was I thinking

I could have sworn he says “Cilla Black fan” too!

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Driving down to a family Christmas I was playing the Proclaimers, Throw the R away. My dad piped up, can you put something else on, I can't understand a word they are saying. I almost crashed the car from laughing.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

In Ariana Grande's current single 'Thank You Next' me and my boys sing either 'Bacon Eggs' or 'Break your Your Legs'

What a coincidence. I was listening to it just now... Didn't notice that line though.
  • Options
    As a kid I thought Neil Diamond’s Forever in Blue Jeans was a song about a trendy vicar called Reverend Blue Jeans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I always thought that Madonna in La Isla Bonita sang “I fell in love with some Deigo” rather than “I fell in love with San Pedro.”
    Next time you hear it you’ll see what I mean.....it’s uncanny.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

What a coincidence. I was listening to it just now... Didn't notice that line though.
    It is just when she keeps repeating

Thank you, Next,
    Thank you, Next.
  • Options
    This thread reminds me of my best friend from primary school, who insisted the words were "Drown him, drown Him", not "Crown Him, crown Him", and she KNEW she was right because she went to Sunday school & they sang the hymn there...
  • Options
    My mum thought that famous song by The Verve was The Trucks Don't Work. "What a stupid song, why is he singing about trucks?"
  • Options
    Chumbawumba - first time I heard this I thought it was 'I get knocked down, buggered it up again'
  • Options
    In James Bond Dr No , my youngest thought they were singing - Underneath the Mango Tree , Mohammed and me !
  • Options
    Carter - After The Watershed.  I thought "To give you French kisses and Chinese burns" was "To give you French kisses and shiny sperms".
  • Options
    Fratellis - Henrietta.  I'm still convinced it's, "You can come live with us amongst the has-beens and the Addick's pleasers".
  • Options
    Staying up, staying up, staying up

The year we got relegated from the Premier League
  • Options
    Speaking the day after attending her first game my sis-in-law said she enjoyed it, but wondered why the crowd kept singing 'Who are we?' ... I told her that it may have been 'Red army.' :neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I used to think Paul Young was singing 'Every time you go away, you take a piece of 'meat' with you'
  • Options
    Killer Queen.

Recently been told by my 14 yr old daughter who is studying music for her GCSE that the 2nd  line is......

"Let them eat cake she said....."     And not as I had always thought......" definitely in case she said...."
  • Options
    Kylie.....

I’ve got two beef.....got two beef curtains
  • Options
    Bloody hell I started this thread nearly 10 years ago :-(
  • Options
    Punkin' instigator never sounded right to me...
  • Options
    Every time you go away you take a piece of meat with you.
  • Options
    The Weather Girls - Israeli Men, Hallelujah
  • Options
    I used to think Paul Young was singing 'Every time you go away, you take a piece of 'meat' with you'
    I worked in my stepdad’s butchers in Bethnal green when I was about 15 and he used to sing that to some of his regulars.  :D
  • Options
    With the "we've got Joe Aribo" song who is it he's better than in the next line, as I've spent all year trying to work it out. Coutinho, Mourinho or someone else!
  • Options
    Jose Semedo
    ex Charlton player