Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parkinson Out?

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
Well moaners is this what you want already? Bit of a dry spell and we start going all bloody Suicidal.... Really can't understand you lot! What you want a new manager is that it? You want more instability at our club? Please tell me exactly what you want????

Rant over....for now!

Comments

• no person on here wants him out what you going on about?
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Please tell me exactly what you want????

I will want a new manager if we don't get promoted.

Until that is determined one way or another, then Parky is the man, for better or for worse.
  • [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Please tell me exactly what you want????

I will want a new managerifwe don't get promoted.

Until that is determined one way or another, then Parky is the man, for better or for worse.
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]yep
    . If Steve is agreeing with you then that's fine but some people
    on here at times seem to act like it has already happened andwe are destined to another season in league 1 already!
  • mate we have watched Charlton long enough to know the story
  • And I have been watching charlton long enough to know that NOTHING is ever certain at this club!
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]And I have been watching charlton long enough to know that NOTHING is ever certain at this club!

Unless you are loan player, then you automatically get picked over one of our own. Just like last season, and we all know how that turned out.
  • Everything American Addick said in both his posts (although he was wrong about Springsteen's Nebraska the other day - but that's another thread!)

Really don't know what you're on about on this ocassion, Dazzler...11 pts from nine games - yes, of course we are concerned. Doesn't mean we are calling for another bout of Trotsky's theory of permanent revolution, though...
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Well moaners is this what you want already? Bit of a dry spell and we start going all bloody Suicidal.... Really can't understand you lot! What you want a new manager is that it? You want more instability at our club? Please tell me exactly what you want????

Rant over....for now!

I don't want a new manager at the moment but on the flip side I didn't want Parky to get an extension either. He has done nothing to deserve it yet. Reward him when, if, he achieves something.
  • Don't agree with all his decisions but we have to stick with him - still been impressed with him this season even if it has tailed off somewhat
  • Sponsored links:

• New manager please before this season ends up the same as last season. We need somebody in who knows the tactical aspect of the game and has a ruthless streak. A draw against Oldham and Gillingham is not a good result even if PP thinks so. Leave now Mr Nice guy.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]New manager please before this season ends up the same as last season. We need somebody in who knows the tactical aspect of the game and has a ruthless streak. A draw against Oldham and Gillingham is not a good result even if PP thinks so. Leave now Mr Nice guy.

Ok so who would you replace him with considering we have no money and the new manager can only work with what we already have?

In my opinion we stick with Parkinson.
  • [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]New manager please before this season ends up the same as last season. We need somebody in who knows the tactical aspect of the game and has a ruthless streak. A draw against Oldham and Gillingham is not a good result even if PP thinks so. Leave now Mr Nice guy.

Ok so who would you replace him with considering we have no money and the new manager can only work with what we already have?

In my opinion we stick with Parkinson.

what he said.
  • Just back from Carlisle and after that performance this is what I want:

A winger who doesn't cut inside and lose the ball
    A winger who can cross the ball on the run
    a striker who can shoot straight from 20 yards
    midfielders who can create chances for the forwards.........
    .........and for forwards to take those chances
    a team who dont think they are Arsenal & want to walk the ball into the net

No too much to ask for gawd's sake - this is football, not rocket science. A very simple game - get the ball into the net more times than your opponant..............and to do that you do actually have to aim the ball at the goal sometimes
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Well moaners is this what you want already? Bit of a dry spell and we start going all bloody Suicidal.... Really can't understand you lot! What you want a new manager is that it? You want more instability at our club? Please tell me exactly what you want????

Rant over....for now!
    Well said Dazzler, puts me in mind of when the glory days when the happy clappys were telling us that Pardew was the second coming and anyone who was a bit disappointed wasn't a real fan.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]New manager please before this season ends up the same as last season. We need somebody in who knows the tactical aspect of the game and has a ruthless streak. A draw against Oldham and Gillingham is not a good result even if PP thinks so. Leave now Mr Nice guy.

Great idea lets keep changing the changing the Manager since it has has really worked idea since Curbs left.

Long way to go in the season and although yesterday was dissapointing we are still in a good postion.
  • Would never want a manager out after less than a season at the club (apart from Dowie when he was here) if we dont go up, maybe time for him to leave but if we are promoted either automatically or through playoffs i would say keep him on.
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]New manager please before this season ends up the same as last season. We need somebody in who knows the tactical aspect of the game and has a ruthless streak. A draw against Oldham and Gillingham is not a good result even if PP thinks so. Leave now Mr Nice guy.

Great idea lets keep changing the changing the Manager since it has has really worked idea since Curbs left.

Long way to go in the season and although yesterday was dissapointing we are still in a good postion.

Johnny iam 100% with you here mate nothing messes a club up more than most things.
  • I've been fully behind Parky but he says himself that if the fans don't feel the players are giving 100% then they have the right to show their feelings (or something like that).

Some of us are just exercising that 'right.'

Doesn't mean that we all want him out, but we would like for him to recognise crap performances rather than say 'it was a good point' or some such other crap.

There you are Dazzler, I've told you exactly what I want.

I really do feel that some people are ready to put up with any old shit. Coming away from last week's scaffolding I heard someone say on their mobile 'we probably just deserved the win.' I think he must have been watching another game on TV.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Just back from Carlisle and after that performance this is what I want:

A winger who doesn't cut inside and lose the ball
    A winger who can cross the ball on the run
    a striker who can shoot straight from 20 yards
    midfielders who can create chances for the forwards.........
    .........and for forwards to take those chances
    a team who dont think they are Arsenal & want to walk the ball into the net

No too much to ask for gawd's sake - this is football, not rocket science. A very simple game - get the ball into the net more times than your opponant..............and to do that you do actually have to aim the ball at the goal sometimes

Good post Golfie.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Doesn't mean that we all want him out, but we would like for him to recognise crap performances rather than say 'it was a good point' or some such other crap.

I can't see where he says that it was a good point or some such other crap. He said,

"But today we didn't play as well as we can do.

"We had spells where we did play OK. I felt we were careless in possession at times, though, and gave the ball away cheaply and got punished for it.

"We've just got to take it on the chin and move on to next week."

"It's a long old journey to come up and we wanted to get back on the bus with a win. But it wasn't to be. We've got to improve on things that we did on the day and we will do that."

"Any defeat is tough to take. We've got high expectations at Charlton and we are disappointed by today's result.

"We are not going to get carried away with it; we've just got to make sure that the things we spoke about in the dressing room about what we could do better we put into practice."
  • The sign of a good manager is how he gets his team to react when things aren't going to plan.

It's easy when you your side is unchanged and winning every game, anyone could pick the same side every week.

So, I question how good is he in the tactical area's? We've not won away since August and only come from behind to win once all season.

You have to be able to see where things are going wrong and adapt your formation and/or personal to suit. We have the players to gain automatic promotion so no excuse there. Do we have the manager.

For the record, I'd have sacked him at the end of last season.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]The sign of a good manager is how he gets his team to react when things aren't going to plan.

It's easy when you your side is unchanged and winning every game, anyone could pick the same side every week.

So, I question how good is he in the tactical area's? We've not won away since August and only come from behind to win once all season.

You have to be able to see where things are going wrong and adapt your formation and/or personal to suit. We have the players to gain automatic promotion so no excuse there. Do we have the manager.

For the record, I'd have sacked him at the end of last season.[/quote]

Exactly. So why offer him a new contract when we haven't yet seen if he is able to turn things around mid season, when things are not going so well?
  • QA asked : ''So why offer him a new contract when we haven't yet seen if he is able to turn things around mid season, when things are not going so well?''

It's a fair question. But I am convinced there must be a good reason we don't know about, whether it's to do with a looming vacancy at Reading , or something else.

Richard Murray is far too intelligent not to have learned from the last four costly managerial mistakes (and I'm including in that giving Parky the job last December when he hadn't won a single game) that you don't gratuitously hand out contracts or extensions when there is no compelling need to do so.
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]QA asked : ''So why offer him a new contract when we haven't yet seen if he is able to turn things around mid season, when things are not going so well?''

It's a fair question. But I am convinced there must be a good reason we don't know about, whether it's to do with a looming vacancy at Reading , or something else.

Richard Murray is far too intelligent not to have learned from the last four costly managerial mistakes (and I'm including in that giving Parky the job last December when he hadn't won a single game) that you don't gratuitously hand out contracts or extensions when there is no compelling need to do so.

Well he did say he was waiting for that job i thought he would have gone to Reading during the summer but diddnt i was a bit surprised.
  • Who's been asking for him to be sacked...Dazzler I'm at a loss mate to know on what premise you're saying this?
  • edited November 2009
    We 'reacted' to the Colchester defeat by getting a good draw at Leeds, and indeed playing well. We are currently (just) on track for automatic promotion, and judging Parkinson on results he is doing OK. However if the results begin to put us behind the target of an average of two points per game than he will have to take the flak, and react properly. To my mind Parkinson must ensure we win against Northwich and MKD....nothing else is good enough....no pressure mind :-)
  • Where were we expected to be at this point?
    Once we held on to some key players, the expectation was a real contender
    for promotion. We are, but for how much longer?

A midfield of Racon, Bailey, Semedo and Sam, with Shelvey in front of them,
    is the match of any in this division, and should be a good match in The
    Championship.
    So take that quality, and the dross that is League 1, and we should be a
    real contender.
    It helped that Deon Burton had also gotten off to a solid start at striker,
    most often as a lone striker.
    The defense had done okay, and looked to get better with Sodje.
    All reasons for optimism.

So what about Parky. Nice fellow. Players seem to want to play for him.
    Should have been fired, but a lack of finances meant he got to stay against all
    logic, if not the bottom line.

Parky conducted himself with dignity and consistency, in the face of a lot
    of offseason questions. Not that he had a lot of (read: any) options, and he
    did want the job. So he stays.

Parky looks at his squad, picks out what he believes is his best team and
    formation. And away we go.
    The team gets off to a very good start. The nice guy who appeared so out of
    his depth last season didn't look so bad after all. And after Dowie and
    Pardont, he is someone that we want to root for to be successful.

Playing in a league of butchers with a relatively thin squad, injuries and loss
    of form were inevitable. So what is Parky to do when that happens?

Everyone seemed pretty content until Colchester, when a team with inferior
    talent but superior size and brute strength, simply overpowered us.
    I wouldn't blame that one on Parky. He didn't have the answers at his
    disposal, and things like this happen in the lower leagues.

Now the team seems to stumbling. We are still in second place, thanks to
    the first six matches rather than the last nine. Parky, unlike Pardont, didn't
    attempt to chop and change a winning hand. But is he capable of making the
    necessary changes to get things back on track?

Playing Burton with a hernia problem should not be happening. It is unfair
    to Burton, it is unfair to the team. McKenzie isn't fit, MacLeod doesn't
    seem to be the answer. But we do have a striker on-loan at Bristol Rovers that
    is scoring goals and helping to keep an opponent in the promotion chase. Why?

We saw, time and again, how loan players sabotaged last season with a lack
    of passion, commitment and performance to Charlton. For every Murty and
    Song, there are 10 who come for the cash and a song.

An old cliche is that those who don't know history are destined to relieve
    it.
    Perhaps someone can give Mr. Parkinson a crash course in loan players so
    our season don't come to a crash when it should be heating up.

Bringing in two loan players for Saturday's match at Carlisle, when he
    could have used Charlton players, is another case in point. Particularly since
    they joined late in the week. Did they even know their teammates, let alone
    know how to fit into the way they wanted the team to play.
    And what about demoralizing your own players, and their teammates, by
    putting them straight in without them getting any time to bed in?

Parky didn't have to do that, but that was his decision. And the result
    didn't add a spark to season, it did quite the opposite.

If he didn't think Randolph was good enough, didn't like his attitude, was
    troubled by what happened at Hereford, then he never should have been
    re-signed.
    If he thought a third string keeper from Wolves, who had little more than a
    walkthrough with his new loan mates was a better option in that
    circumstance than Randolph, then he never should have re-signed Randolph.
    If was afraid to play Randolph, fearing injury, knowing that he had to play
    the FA Cup because the Wolves No. 3 was not eligible, then Parky needs a
    shot of courage and common sense.

Had Parky selected Randolph and he failed, no one would have blamed Parky
    for that choice. But he went with Wolves No. 3, unnecessarily unsettling
    Randolph and others, as well as having the finger pointed in his direction
    because the loanee from Wolves failed out of the shoot.
    It wasn't that Parky made a bold decision, it was that he made an
    unnecessary, nonsensical one.

Same thing with the young right back.
    We have a talented right back on loan at Motherwell, but I accept that
    finances are a major reason why he is there and remains so.
    There were other options, Charlton options. But Parky chose to not go that
    way. How many players did the decision unsettle to go with the loanees,
    beyond just those that were not selected?

If Parky had chosen to stay with his own players in these spots, and they
    didn't the job, then no one would blame him for blooding the loanees. But he
    chose to trust those from the outside FIRST, and that could not have gone
    down too well inside.

All Parky has proven this season is that he could pick his best team at the
    start, and stick with it until it no longer works. He hasn't proven that he
    has the acumen to make it work when changes are needed, either before or
    during matches.

If Parky was not fired during and after last season, he is not going to be
    fired this season by the present board.
    Promotion is the main goal, and making the playoff is the minimum required.

Charlton needs someone more than a nice bloke who is not Pardont or Dowie.
    Charlton needs a good manager.
    We know that Parky has a reputation of being a good man. We need him to be
    a good manager.
  • Excellent post AA. Agree with just about all of it, though I don't think he had any other option at RB without playing pleyers out of position. Moo2 won't ever be back with Parky in charge.

I would really like to read that Burton has gone for an op. Now must be the ideal time with a cup game coming up.
  • Good post AA and after Saturday it does make one wonder if Parky was fully behind Pardonts decisions to bring in so many loan players whilst sending the likes of Racon out on loan. Many have spoke about how Parky is trying to improve unity within the squad by getting rid of Moo2 and Dickson. But I fail to how how treating Randolph is this way in favour of a Wolves reserve, is likely to improve unity.
    The same thing happened to Moo2 many times last season, and I strongly believe this led to the frustration that has caused the major problem that Parky now has with Moo2.