Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Letter from the News Shopper

BDLBDL
edited October 2009 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
Laughed so hard when I read this, I nearly wet myself.

Has to be the funniest and probably most accurate letter I've ever seen published.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44235200@N08/40

Comments

• well publish the link properly so we can all wet ourselves together.
  • It works for me!!
  • think you'll find it was edited by admin.
  • Am I admin now then? ;-)
  • Read this last night and couldn't stop laughing. Especially liked the "shuffling old duffer" bit.
  • haha, funny article.

Had a week of work last month and popped up Bexleyheath during a weekday. Christ, it was like a circus. Some really strange people about. I suppose you know a town is going down the sh*tter when theres more than 2 poundshops in the High Street.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]haha, funny article.

Had a week of work last month and popped up Bexleyheath during a weekday. Christ, it was like a circus. Some really strange people about. I suppose you know a town is going down the sh*tter when theres more than 2 poundshops in the High Street.

You should try Gillingham High St on a Saturday. On second thoughts, don't!
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]haha, funny article.

Or Gravesend any day of the week.

Poundshops and Mobile Phone Stores, plus the obligatory Sports World.
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

bugger me it was like a throwback wasn't it... dozens of lads walking through to the pub surrounded by 15 year old mums and lads in Nicholson trackies and caps
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

Or Gravesend any day of the week.

Poundshops and Mobile Phone Stores, plus the obligatory Sports World.

ha. Bexleyheath, down by Asda, has about 4 or 5 card shops that sell other random stuff, including plastic footballs and lightbulbs. Not sure if Gravesend or Gillingham have the same but WTF are they all about?!!!...full of old Doris they are.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

bugger me it was like a throwback wasn't it... dozens of lads walking through to the pub surrounded by 15 year old mums and lads in Nicholson trackies and caps

Frightening when you think it's not much more than half an hour away. It reminded me of one of those run down Northern shiteholes you encounter at some away games.
  • Lol, my wife pointed this out to me yesterday ... great letter.

You can bet it was sent by one of the 16 yr old mums who believes the world owes her a living. Funniest thing is as it is the star letter, the sender wins a Pilot Pen ... that won't get much use lol
  • pensioner congestion charge.............great
  • I'm looking forward to the replies in next week's issue. There's got to be one from "Outraged from Sidcup"
  • has the newshopper been bought out by Viz comics plc?
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]haha, funny article.

Get down to Woolwich, so many pound shops you can do a weeks shopping for seven and half quid.
  • Oi,thats my mum their on about..
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

You can bet it was sent by one of the 16 yr old mums who believes the world owes her a living. Funniest thing is as it is the star letter, the sender wins a Pilot Pen ... that won't get much use lol

Too well written and dry humour to be written by a 16 year old Mum.
    Loved it, probably written by a 55 year old in a hurry.

Reminds me of my ex-wife's grandmother.

She came in saying, "I've just helped an old dear cross the road."
    Gran was 92 years old!
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Laughed so hard when I read this, I nearly wet myself.

Has to be the funniest and probably most accurate letter I've ever seen published.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44235200@N08/40

Sounds like Rothko has been at work again.
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

Get down to Woolwich, so many pound shops you can do a weeks shopping for seven and half quid.

How do you get the half in a pound shop? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Theres no such thing as a pound shop, they are 99p shops now!
    And in Pikeyville they even had a 98p shop and yes! a 97p shop!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

How do you get the half in a pound shop? :-)

Lol...........Thinks??????...........There was a 50% sale..............;)
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Theres no such thing as a pound shop, they are 99p shops now!
    And in Pikeyville they even had a 98p shop and yes! a 97p shop!

Or even 1 Euro shop!