Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Friday Football Quiz

From last night's quiz when your own Charlton team came a creditable 4th out of 9 teams.

1. Name the 13 teams who have played in but never been relegated from the Premier League

2. Name the two teams who have played in FA Cup finals in the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries.

3. Name 4 English or Scottish league sides with Royalty in their name (Crystal Palace doesn't count and there was a row about it last night)

4. Name the two teams have have most recently joined the Scottish League.

5. Which Asian team has qualified for the 2010 world cup finals, the first time they have managed this since 1966 and which Central and North American team has done the same for the first time since 1982

Comments

• 1. Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Tottenham, Wigan.
  • WSSWSS
    edited October 2009
    1. I can only think of Villa, Arsenal, Man U, Everton, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Hull, Stoke, Wigan, Portsmouth, Burnley, Fulham.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]1. Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Tottenham, Wigan.
    !!!!!
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]1. I can only think of Villa, Arsenal, Man U, Everton, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Hull, Stoke, Wigan, Portsmouth, Burnley, Fulham.

Correct
  • Name 4 English or Scottish league sides with Royalty in their name (Crystal Palace doesn't count and there was a row about it last night)

Queen of the South, QPR, Queen's Park
  • 1. Name the 13 teams who have played in but never been relegated from the Premier League
    Arsenal
    Man Utd
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Villa
    Everton
    Portsmouth
    Hull
    Stoke
    Fulham
    Wigan
    Burnley

2. Name the two teams who have played in FA Cup finals in the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries.
    Man Utd
    Aston Villa

3. Name 4 English or Scottish league sides with Royalty in their name (Crystal Palace doesn't count and there was a row about it last night)
    Still thinking on this one...

Berwick and Gretna

5. Which Asian team has qualified for the 2010 world cup finals, the first time they have managed this since 1966 and which Central and North American team has done the same for the first time since 1982
    North Korea
    Honduras
  • 4. Name the two teams have have most recently joined the Scottish League.
    Annan is one
  • edited October 2009
    1. Arsenal , Man Utd , Liverpool , Everton , Tottenham , Aston Villa , Fulham , Blackburn , Chelsea , Bolton , Man City , Portsmouth . Oh bollox yeah very clever I get it

2.Villa & Everton ?

5. North Korea & Honduras ?
  • [cite]Posted By: The Vics[/cite]4. Name the two teams have have most recently joined the Scottish League.
    Annan is one
    Elgin?
  • edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Name 4 English or Scottish league sides with Royalty in their name (Crystal Palace doesn't count and there was a row about it last night)

Is this some form of trick - like Reading?

EDIT or Arsenal
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]1. Name the 13 teams who have played in but never been relegated from the Premier League
    Arsenal
    Man Utd
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Villa
    Everton
    Portsmouth
    Hull
    Stoke
    Fulham
    Wigan
    Burnley

Correct

Man Utd
    Aston Villa correct

Still thinking on this one...

Berwick and Gretna correct

North Korea
    Honduras
    both correct
  • Sponsored links:

• 2nd one could be gretna because they were in unibond or something like that league a few years back
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]1. Arsenal , Man Utd , Liverpool , Everton , Tottenham , Aston Villa , Fulham , Blackburn , Chelsea , Bolton , Man City , Portsmouth . Oh bollox yeah very clever I get it

Bolton and Man City have both been relegated

2.Villa & Everton ? Correct

5. North Korea & Honduras ?
    Correct also
    [cite]Posted By: The Vics[/cite]4. Name the two teams have have most recently joined the Scottish League.
    Annan is one
    [cite]Posted By: The Vics[/cite]4. Name the two teams have have most recently joined the Scottish League.
    Annan is one

Correct
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Name 4 English or Scottish league sides with Royalty in their name (Crystal Palace doesn't count and there was a row about it last night)

Yes it is a trick/tricky one but it's not Reading or WREXham
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

Yes it is a trick/tricky one but it's not Reading or WREXham

Crewe Alexandra (queen of denmark) ?
  • Big prize to Addick1965

She was another immigrant (from Denmark) but was married to Edward VII and was Queen of UKGB, Empress of India etc, etc

Will try, or Afternoon Delight or Tommy Dowling can help me out, to remember some more questions.
  • 3 Queen of the South, Queens Park Queens Park Rangers Crewe Alexandra
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]3 Queen of the South, Queens Park Queens Park Rangers Crewe Alexandra

correct but too late len ; - )
  • In that case surely you could have MK Dons and Doncaster - there have been several King Donalds in Scotland.
  • 6. Name the "Royal" teams the play in the Cities of Madrid, Palma and Seville.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]In that case surely you could have MK Dons and Doncaster - there have been several King Donalds in Scotland.

No as in neither case is Don a contraction of Donald and in any case I didn't set the questions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Real Madrid
    Real Betis
  • Real mallorca?
  • Real Mallorca
  • yes to all three

Too easy.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]yes to all three

Too easy.

So why did you only come fourth then?
  • 8. Another question that sparked a row.

Which is the only Club to have won the Football League Championship in the 19th, 20th and 21st Centuries.

And the question was Football League Championship ie the trophy we won in 2000 not necessarily the top flight
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]yes to all three

Too easy.

So why did you only come fourth then?

Because I can only remember the ones we got right

All the questions about non-league football, etc, etc we struggled on.
    edited October 2009
    1. haha who put Newcastle thats hillarious. I got Villa, Aresenal, Man U, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, Hull, Stoke, Wigan, Pompey, Burnley and then Fulham.

2. Blackburn is one i think not sure who the other could be Man U i spose at a guess

3. QPR, Queen of the South Kingstonian their in the Conference so not sure they will count is all i got for this one

4. Got one Albion Rovers

5. Asian one is North Korea and CONCAF one is Honduras.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]1. Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Tottenham, Wigan.

The first time BlackForestReds has ever been wrong :-)
  • The first time BlackForestReds has ever been wrong :-)

I did look at the list after I typed it and think there's something wrong in there...

BFR (pub quiz champion in three countries)