Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic - The Family Club ?

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
Apparently not so. Can you imagine the delight I had when my soon to 5 year old asked for a Charlton kit for his birthday only to find out that they do not do them for children under 8 as they lose money on them !! I think this is poor form especially when they go on about being so Family orientated. Could they not sell to order ?

Comments

• Options
    He's not far off 8, can't you feed him up a bit? :-)
  • Options
    Well, he be 6 soon and growing all the time.
    And be even bigger by Christmas.

Get him the kit ...... even if he looks a bit like Scott Wagstaff in it.

;o)
  • Options
    Skinny Ginger and spotty... Don't do it lol!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spanish[/cite]Apparently not so. Can you imagine the delight I had when my soon to 5 year old asked for a Charlton kit for his birthday only to find out that they do not do them for children under 8 as they lose money on them !! I think this is poor form especially when they go on about being so Family orientated. Could they not sell to order ?
    Very poor from the club, can't you get him a fake ID?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spanish[/cite]Apparently not so. Can you imagine the delight I had when my soon to 5 year old asked for a Charlton kit for his birthday only to find out that they do not do them for children under 8 as they lose money on them !! I think this is poor form especially when they go on about being so Family orientated. Could they not sell to order ?

I completely agree mate its poor form . They plug the young addicks and season ticket for £49 , all well and good , but then you can't even buy a kit . Its ok , all the other kids in the park wear the chelsea/arsenal/man utd kits etc
  • Options
    Thats really poor. Even from a marketing perspictive could they not see it as a bit of a loss leader. It would cement an "addick for life", and would be a free advertisment to other potential supporters and buyers (of kit). Just so long as you don't live in the Medway towns.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Thats really poor. Even from a marketing perspictive could they not see it as a bit of a loss leader. It would cement an "addick for life", and would be a free advertisment to other potential supporters and buyers (of kit). Just so long as you don't live in the Medway towns.

Unfortunately, decision-making isn't done from a marketing perspective, it's done from a "how-do-we pay-the-current-bills" perspective and it's difficult to second guess that unless you have responsibility for paying them and access to the figures. I do know that the club is well aware of this issue.
  • Options
    Family Club - people stand up sometimes, what made you think we were a family club ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Family Club - people stand up sometimes, what made you think we were a family club ?[/quote]

ha ha
  • Options
    I think we should have a sit down protest "We want kids kits, when do we want them - NOW" ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]I think we should have a sit down protest "We want kids , when do we want them - NOW" ;-)

I've already got mine, Sam.

I don't really want any more. Do you?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]I think we should have a sit down protest "We want kids , when do we want them - NOW" ;-)

;o)

I'll sleep on it Oggy ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]I think we should have a sit down protest "We want kids , when do we want them - NOW" ;-)[/quote]

;o)[/quote]

That made me chuckle.