Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You'll Be Welcome At Witton Albion FC - FA Cup 8 November

As football secretary at Witton Albion FC I would like to inform any of you who are making the trip to the FA Cup game v Northwich Victoria what we can offer you on the day.

Our ground is literally only a stones throw from the Vic's, so if any of you are looking to make the journey by car you will be able to park at our ground for just £2.00. If the weather has been fine then a quick trip across the canal footpath will see you at the ground within ten minutes. If not, then add about another ten on top of that for a walk round on the footpath

We shall be opening our social club early, so for those of you in need of a comfort break, a drink, or something hot to eat, then all will be accessible in the comfort of our clubhouse, while no doubt enjoying the build up to your game on a large screen tv.

Witton are a semi-pro club who play in the UniBond (Northern Premier) League and who have enjoyed the trappings of a higher level of football (including a FA Trophy appearance at Wembley!), but suffered relegation at the end of last season from the UniBond Premier League.

The club is run by volunteers so every penny we earn goes back into the game in some shape or form, after of course the players expenses have been met.

If there are a number of you travelling by coach we are also able to accommodate them.

I hope that we get the chance to welcome many of you on the day, but if you've any questions then I'll be quite happy to address them through this forum, and good luck with your game.

Graham Shuttleworth

Comments

• Lovely.
    Shan't be there myself, but will tell others about this.
    Hope you make afew bob on the day,and make sure you've got a tv:
    Knowing this lot, if its raining, they'll stay in the club/pub..........
  • Make sure the tele can be seen from a seated position.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Make sure the tele can be seen from a seated position.

Beat me to it......
    Was gonna say "Take the seats out....."
    ;-)
  • Come one Northwich sort it out, what can you offer us? You're rivals are taking the piss on your manor!! Pwopar Nwaty!

I think we should try and start a bidding war. :-)
  • the question is are you related to John Shuttleworth Graham?
  • edited October 2009
    Posted By: Witton Albion FC
    As football secretary at Witton Albion FC I would like to inform.......

As football fan of Northwich Victoria FC, I would like to inform you to crawl back into your Unibond Premier South hole and take your misplaced opportunism with you.

Charlton wouldn't open their arms to fans visiting Millwall! They would have more respect!

This is our day. get over it. You are beneath contempt!
  • This bloke doesn't miss a trick, does he! What a tempting offer, will leave even earlier now to make the most of it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]You're rivals are taking the piss on your manor!! Pwopar Nwaty!
    [cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]This is our day. get over it. You are beneath contempt!

kicking off!
  • Hmmm.....But which one's better?

There's only one way to find out......

HarryHill_fight-1.jpg
  • Quality - would love to be "proper charlton" enough for this one but I fear the sofa, ITV, cans and food beckon.

Great to see non-league clubs bickering for our beer money. Give it 2 years and we could be doing the same !
  • Sponsored links:

• pie fight by the canal, week on sunday
  • The thing is, we are in administration, have the tax man refusing two offers of a cva and we need to buy our ground back from the administrators of the ex-owner of the club's company. He split the club from the ground's ownership, nearly bankrupted us and then tried to evict us from what used to be our own property. We need every penny we can get and that other pile of sh1te from down the road try to muscle in.

The money from this tie could actually save our club from extinction. Your beer money indeed - we need it badly.
  • [cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]The thing is, we are in administration, have the tax man refusing two offers of a cva and we need to buy our ground back from the administrators of the ex-owner of the club's company. He split the club from the ground's ownership, nearly bankrupted us and then tried to evict us from what used to be our own property. We need every penny we can get and that other pile of sh1te from down the road try to muscle in.

The money from this tie could actually save our club from extinction. Your beer money indeed - we need it badly.

Why don't you merge?

O:)
  • don't worry NT mate, we'll get boozey... get some pies in as well! you'll still have another big day to get the reddies in

getting Charlton is the best you lot could've hoped for... League One club, home tie, ITV, 2nd Round spot ;-)
  • edited October 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]The thing is, we are in administration, have the tax man refusing two offers of a cva and we need to buy our ground back from the administrators of the ex-owner of the club's company. He split the club from the ground's ownership, nearly bankrupted us and then tried to evict us from what used to be our own property. We need every penny we can get and that other pile of sh1te from down the road try to muscle in.

The money from this tie could actually save our club from extinction. Your beer money indeed - we need it badly.[/quote]

Why don't you merge?

O:)[/quote]

Would you merge with Crystal Palace? ..... Thought not. Now please do us a favour Addicks fans who are coming up stick with your hosts for the day. We'll sort out the parking, there will be plenty of opportunities for a drink with us. If we were visiting your gaff and and we went drinking in your local rivals boozers, you'd have the right hump. As Tricker says, we've been through the mill financially, much like yourselves, perhaps you could think twice, before RSVPing the Swampmonsters cheeky invite? ..... Come on, you know it makes sense.
  • Best thread ever
  • [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Best thread ever

Agreed.

Made up for an otherwise dreary day. Thanks.
  • don't panic Charles, just a bit of banter! We'll be lining the Northwich pockets...
  • You'd think fans of a club which fought so hard to get back to The Valley would not even give a second thought to the fanciful notion of being "entertained" by our neighbours. We should know - we had to spend a few seasons in exile at their place while our ground was built. :(
    This is not just local rivalry, this is pure ingrained local abhorrence - and the feeling is mutual: they're not offering to do you a favour but to do us harm.
  • Sponsored links:

• lads I really wouldn't worry!
  • Sorry, didn't know the history..........
  • Shuttleworth might be in for a banning order here ;-)
  • I quite like the sound of the Witton offer, very generous of them to do this. Can't understand the northwich antagonism over this, sounds like they are trying to help you out!
  • Maybe they could run a shuttle, be worth it.

/coat
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Witton Albion FC[/cite]
    Our ground is literally only a stones throw from the Vic's, [/quote]

They can't even bring themselves to type our name properly :(

;)

PS don't you have smileys? or isn't there anything to smile about? ;)
  • I'm still waiting for Vic's counter offer. Failing that I will take my custom to Witton, if I was going to the game, which I am not.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Come one Northwich sort it out, what can you offer us? You're rivals are taking the piss on your manor!! Pwopar Nwaty![quote]

God, what would Scally make of that??
  • [cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]Posted By: Witton Albion FC
    As football secretary at Witton Albion FC I would like to inform.......
    As football fan of Northwich Victoria FC, I would like to inform you to crawl back into your Unibond Premier South hole and take your misplaced opportunism with you.
    Absolute quality!

Still, you shouldn't pick on lower division supporters, poor show mate. Atleast he's given us a good offer, I'm not hearing anything from Northwich, perhaps we should give Witton a try...

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Witton Albion FC[/cite]Our ground is literally only a stones throw from the Vic's
    I'm a bit worried we might find that out.