Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Royal Blackheath Golf Club

playing it next Tuesday, never been before but certainly looks nice......anyone played it ?

Comments

• yeah, nice easy flat well established course.very enjoyable.
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]yeah, nice easy flat well established course.very enjoyable.

Not forgetting: very expensive, someone told me its £62 a round! Any idea if thats correct?
  • edited October 2009
    I played there about a month ago. Lovely Park course. No golf course is easy but I found it "comfortable". Very little rough, I mean real rough like The London Club. Plenty of trees mind and they do like a hedge!
    I really enjoyed it there and would love to join, £4k joining fee the only stumbling block!
    You don't need to be long, and even if you have a natural fade or draw, usually the worst you'll find yourself is on the adjacent fairway.
    I paid £50.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I played there about a month ago. Lovely Park course. No golf course is easy but I found it "comfortable". Very little rough, I mean real rough like The London Club. Plenty of trees mind and they do like a hedge!
    I really enjoyed it there and would love to join, £4k joining fee the only stumbling block!
    You don't need to be long, and even if you have a natural fade or draw, usually the worst you'll find yourself is on the adjacent fairway.
    I paid £50.

Thanks Chirpy, 12 quids worth of exaggeration.
    4 Grand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I done the lighting scheme for the road leading up to the main car park.

So i rest assured you will be able to find your way out on these dark evenings!lol
  • Ive played it a couple of times as my Uncle is a member. I've played it in Winter when I come home for Xmas so temp greens on a lot of holes. Nice course and a lot of history. The 18th is weird going over the hedge from what I remember.
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]yeah, nice easy flat well established course.very enjoyable.

Not forgetting: very expensive, someone told me its £62 a round! Any idea if thats correct?

Paying £65 for coffee/bacon rolls, 18 holes and then dinner after....mates society

cheers everyone, doesn't sound to testing for me then given I haven't played for a few months