Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ladybirds

Loads of ladybirds/ladybird look-a-likeys in Bromley in the last 2 days. Are they all over, or just here and does anyone know why?

Comments

• Options
    Bloody Jack Straw.
  • Options
    loads round my place as well (grove park), not sure why though
  • Options
    I'll hazard a guess.

We've had some Southerly winds in recent days, and they've been carried over from France/Spain.

Temperatures are reasonably warm for the time of year, so the ladybirds can survive until frost.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'll hazard a guess.

We've had some Southerly winds in recent days, and they've been carried over from France/Spain.

Temperatures are reasonably warm for the time of year, so the ladybirds can survive until frost.

That's what I was thinking. There are all different sorts, not too much like normal ones.
  • Options
    I don't think I've seen a ladybird in about 15 years!
  • Options
    I've seen loads of them around Orpington, all of which I have murdered.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I've seen loads of them around Orpington, all of which I have murdered.

Boo !
  • Options
    Tons of 'em in Maidstone. Big feckers too.
  • Options
    funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy they aint idigenous to the UK !!!!! was on Autum Watch the other night. You can buy "ladybird houses" so they hibernate --- hey as they aint indegenous and they need houses maybe the labour party will buy em ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy they aint idigenous to the UK !!!!! was on Autum Watch the other night. You can buy "ladybird houses" so they hibernate --- hey as they aint indegenous and they need houses maybe the labour party will buy em ?
    Lol.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loads in Romford - mostly squashed
  • Options
    Leave em alone !!!!! Jack Straw said they won the Second World War for us and one was related to Churchill .
  • Options
    I remember seeing some in downtown Manila but I doubt whether they could afford a flight here or know where Bromley is..?
  • Options
    They're Harlequin ladybirds or North American ladybirds. Big agressive hungry ladybirds that are destroying our own seven spot and two spot ladybirds through eating all the aphids.

They're looking for somewhere to hybernate over the winter, the bad news is that they give off chemicals so once one gets into your house expect loads more to turn up, they are also known to wake up early from hybernation thanks to the central heating and because there is nothing to eat will actually bite humans. When threatened they can give off a chemical that stains furnature and clothes, so in big numbers can be quite a nusance. So if you get one in doors get rid of it PDQ!
  • Options
    We had a few ladybirds in our house at uni...bastard things bite!...and they stink when you squash 'em.
  • Options
    Misread the title and thought you were all talking about Ladyboys.

It's been a long day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I don't think I've seen a ladybird in about 15 years!
    Just Geezer birds ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Misread the title and thought you were all talking about Ladyboys.

It's been a long day.

Sorry to raise your hopes

;o)