Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Listening to Mr Scruff on Spotty.

Bit of chill out 'nu-jazz' ....... not for purists, I don't suppose - but it fits my mood at the mo.
  • It's Friday evening, so before I go out to play ...I'm warming up with a bit of feel good reggae dub ... Gregory Isaacs
  • I won't be listening to anything as I have broken yet another MP3 player! I've yet to own one that's lasted more than a year.
  • Elbow , natalie merchant and flight of the conchords ie the only 3 CDs I have on my new iPhone until i sync with new mac which hopefully will download 5800+ songs yeah!
  • protection-massive attack
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]protection-massive attack
    Spooky - got 'Blue Lines' on right now :o)
  • Nelson Mandela..........
  • Influenced by the other thread, I've put on Sham 69 whch be be followed by Slaughter & The Dogs ... maybe Garry & The Gonads to please MoG ;-)
  • solitary man-johnny cash
  • Sponsored links:

• Bad Brains - rise.
  • Neil Young unplugged
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Neil Young unplugged

Snap ! Put it on about 15 mins ago.
  • 'George Best' - Wedding Present
  • Steve Winwood - Arc of a diver
  • On the "Who's still playing old vinyl?" thread, Shrew said:

"Some albums will just always sound better on vinyl,

best three albums to lisen to on vinyl...

Solid Air John Martyn

Home - Peter Broderick

and Secrets of the beehive - David Sylvian
    "

I'd never heard of Peter Broderick ...... so I'm giving it a listen on Spotty at the mo.
    Thanks, Shrew!
  • Need an intro to "Spotify",anyone help ?
  • Had a late night last night round a mate's place sampling his single malt whisky.
    On a Monday!

This morning I feel a little, shall we say, so slow thinking. So soothing tunes are required.
    I've kicked off with Miles Davis "Kinda Blue", which is just perfect while I have coffee and toast, and convince myself I'm actually working.

Any other suggestions for music to soothe a sore head ....?
  • The '59 Sound by The Gaslight Anthem ... got it on the recommendation of my son, very good.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Any other suggestions for music to soothe a sore head ....?

Go for Yusuf (Cat Stevens) latest, Roadsinger ... superb album and very relaxing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sam Brown......... then onto a bit of Jools Holland and his band, the house is rocking with all the neighbours being at work :)
  • Thank you guys ....... I'm still suffering a bit, so will Spotify some of your suggestions.

Cheers!
  • On the subject of Hendrix,
    My favourite Hendrix cover is by the Make Up 'Hey Joe'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc_DPYqUyRo
  • Sigur Ros - Takk
  • harvest-neil young
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]The '59 Sound by The Gaslight Anthem ... got it on the recommendation of my son, very good.

Good choice that!
  • deserter's songs-mercury rev
  • 13th Floor Elevators for me today
  • Hawaiian Breaks N Beats

As mixed by DJ Muro ... fill ya boots
  • Whatever the customer has in the CD player. Yesterday one motor had 'The Uncut Bernard Manning' , almost in tears laughing. Wondered if the owner had put it in on purpose: he almost got his car smashed up!