Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Got us by the short & curly's

I got my 5 year old son a season ticket this year and he is now well and truly hooked.After last night's disappointment,I found myself outside the ticket office at 7 am this morning,purchasing tickets for his first ever away game (Arsenal).At 10 back down the ground to buy him a away shirt with his christmas money.They have got another one by the short and curly's,as much as we moan about them once you start supporting them you will never let go.I'm as proud as punch really and look forward to him experiencing all the pain and joy I have endured over the years.

Comments

• Options
    nice one Steve, be prepared though to have a good resistance prepared for when he wants to support Chelsea or Man U like all his mates in about 4 years time !
  • Options
    My son is heading down the same path. He went to his first game earlier in the season and has been nagging for a return visit since then. He is going on Saturday (not that I have told him yet).
  • Options
    I've prepared him for the Championship already,and the more he goes the attached he will become.A season ticket for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]nice one Steve, be prepared though to have a good resistance prepared for when he wants to support Chelsea or Man U like all his mates in about 4 years time !
    The thing is, how many of his Chelsea and ManU "supporting" mates will ever have actually seen their team play live? The trick is to keep up a continual drip drip drip of propaganda of the superiority of seeing the game live over watching it on TV - being able to choose how you watch rather than being dependent on what the director wants you to see, so you can see what's going on on the whole pitch, or focus on a specific player. Point out when incidents that we were all talking about after the game didn't show up on the highlights. Add that to a few morale boosting speeches about how you have to have the bad times to appreciate the good ones (when we've got stuffed again) and he'll be convinced that being a Charlton fan is the right (but not the easiest) way to go.
  • Options
    My son too, is also 5 tried to get a season ticket but could not get one with the group of us who go already went to last season's cup games and Wycombe last week. I took hiom to Germany in the summer and am going to frame the World Cup ticket with Wycombe so he can remember the highs and lows of this sport. He too is going on Saturday; it will be his first Permier League game.
  • Options
    My son's first game was the 6-1 against Leeds! Now a fan for life and has a photo of himself giving Darren Bent the MotM Champagne award from a year ago. A while back he had a little time following Chelsea and AC Milan - I explained that I'm happy to catch a game at the San Siro some time but none of this families cash is going into the Russian's pockets!

And what would he have he done to that lino last night if he could have got to him from the upper tier ! lol